|Title:||Metal-isonitrile adducts for preparing radionuclide complexes|
|Abstract:||A method for preparing a coordination complex of an isonitrile ligand and a radioisotope of Tc, Ru, Co, Pt, Re, Os, Ir, W, Re, Cr, Mo, Mn, Ni, Rh, Nb and Ta from a non-radioactive metal adduct of the isonitrite.|
|Inventor(s):||Carpenter, Jr.; Alan B. (Tyngsboro, MA), Maheu; Leo J. (Andover, MA), Patz; Michael A. (Somerville, MA), Tulip; Thomas H. (Nashua, NH), Linder; Karen E. (Somerville, MA), Subramanyam; Vinayakam (Towson, MD), Thompson; Jeffery S. (Wilmington, DE)|
|Assignee:||The DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Co. (Wilmington, DE)|
1. A lyophilized kit for preparing a coordination complex of an isonitrile ligand and a radionuclide selected from the class consisting of radioactive isotopes of Tc, Ru, Co, Pt, Fe,
Os, Ir, W, Re, Cr, Mo, Mn, Ni, Rh, Pd, Nb, and Ta, said kit comprising a lyophilized predetermined quantity of (a) an adduct of a complex of copper and said isonitrile ligand and (b) a predetermined quantity of a reducing agent capable of reducing a
predetermined quantity of a preselected one of said radionuclides to form said complex by replacing the copper from said ligand with said radionuclide.
2. The kit of claim 1 wherein the radionuclide is Tc-99m.
3. The kit of claim 1 wherein the isonitrile ligand has the formula CNR where R is butyl or butyl having an alkyl ether or alkyl ester substitution.
4. The kit of claim 1 wherein the reducing agent is stannous ion.
5. The kit of claim 1 in a sealed, non-pyrogenic sterilized container.