Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to cathartics comprising 15-keto-16-halogen-PGs as an essential ingredient without substantive side-effects; the catharic effect is thought mainly caused by an enteropooling effect.|
|Inventor(s):||Ueno; Ryuzo (Nishinomiya, JP), Ueno; Ryuji (Nishinomiya, JP), Kuno; Sachiko (Takarazuka, JP), Oda; Tomio (Itami, JP)|
|Assignee:||Kabushiki Kaisha Ueno Seiyaku Oyo Kenkyujo (Osaka, JP)|
1. A process for providing a cathartic effect to a patient in need thereof which comprises administering to cathartic-inducing effective amount of a 15-keto-16-halogen PGA,
PGE or PGF having the following skeleton: ##STR29## and wherein said skeleton is saturated or contains at least one unsaturated bond which is a 2,3-, 5-6- or 17,18- double bond or a 5,6- triple bond, and is not further substituted or is further
substituted at at least one of C-3, C-6, C-17, C-19 and C-20 positions of the skeleton by a halogen atom, an alkyl group, an alkoxy group, a carbonyl group, a hydroxyl group, a phenyl group or a phenoxy group, or a pharmaceutically acceptable 1-ester or
salt thereof, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
2. The process of claim 1, wherein said halogen atom is a fluorine, chlorine or bromine atom.
3. The process of claim 1, wherein said alkyl group is methyl, ethyl, isopropyl or isopropenyl group.
4. The process of claim 1, wherein said alkoxy group is methoxy or ethoxy group.
5. The process of claim 3, wherein said alkyl group is at the C-3, C-17 or C-19 position.
6. The process of claim 1, wherein said carbonyl group is at the C-6 position.
7. The process of claim 1, wherein said alkyl or alkoxy group is at the C-20 position.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.