Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to cathartics comprising 15-keto-16-halogen-PGs as an essential ingredient without substantive side-effects; the catharic effect is thought mainly caused by an enteropooling effect.|
|Inventor(s):||Ueno; Ryuzo (Nishinomiya, JP), Ueno; Ryuji (Nishinomiya, JP), Kuno; Sachiko (Takarazuka, JP), Oda; Tomio (Itami, JP)|
|Assignee:||Kabushiki Kaisha Ueno Seiyaku Oyo Kenkyujo (Osaka, JP)|
1. A process for providing a cathartic effect to a patient in need thereof which comprises administering to cathartic-inducing effective amount of a 15-keto-16-halogen PGA,
PGE or PGF having the following skeleton: ##STR29## and wherein said skeleton is saturated or contains at least one unsaturated bond which is a 2,3-, 5-6- or 17,18- double bond or a 5,6- triple bond, and is not further substituted or is further
substituted at at least one of C-3, C-6, C-17, C-19 and C-20 positions of the skeleton by a halogen atom, an alkyl group, an alkoxy group, a carbonyl group, a hydroxyl group, a phenyl group or a phenoxy group, or a pharmaceutically acceptable 1-ester or
salt thereof, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
2. The process of claim 1, wherein said halogen atom is a fluorine, chlorine or bromine atom.
3. The process of claim 1, wherein said alkyl group is methyl, ethyl, isopropyl or isopropenyl group.
4. The process of claim 1, wherein said alkoxy group is methoxy or ethoxy group.
5. The process of claim 3, wherein said alkyl group is at the C-3, C-17 or C-19 position.
6. The process of claim 1, wherein said carbonyl group is at the C-6 position.
7. The process of claim 1, wherein said alkyl or alkoxy group is at the C-20 position.