Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Triazole containing indole derivatives|
|Abstract:||A class of substituted imidazole, triazole and tetrazole derivatives are selective agonists of 5-HT.sub.1 -like receptors and are therefore useful in the treatment of clinical conditions, in particular migraine and associated disorders, for which a selective agonist of these receptors is indicated.|
|Inventor(s):||Baker; Raymond (Much Hadham, GB2), Matassa; Victor G. (Furneux Pelham, GB2), Street; Leslie J. (Harlow, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Merck Sharp & Dohme Limited (Hertfordshire, GB2)|
1. The compound which is N,N-dimethyl-2-[5-(1,2,4-triazol-1-ylmethyl)-1H-indol-3-yl]ethylamine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. A salt of the compound according to claim 1 selected from the group consisting of the oxalate, succinate, benzoate and hydrochloride salts.
3. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of N,N-dimethyl-2-[5-(1,2,4-triazol-1-ylmethyl)-1H-indol-3-yl]ethylamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in association with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or excipient.
4. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 3 wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable salt is selected from the group consisting of the oxalate, succinate, benzoate and hydrochloride salts.
5. A method for the treatment of migraine, cluster headache, chronic paroxysmal hemicrania, headache associated with vascular disorders, tension headache and pediatric migraine, which comprises administering to a patient in need of such treatment an effective amount of N,N-dimethyl-2-[5-(1,2,4-triazol-1-ylmethyl)-1H-indol-3-yl]ethyl amine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
6. A method according to claim 5 wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable salt is selected from the group consisting of the oxalate, succinate, benzoate and hydrochloride salts.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.