|Title:||Tablets and granulates containing mesna as active substance|
|Abstract:||A granulate containing mesna is made by granulating mesna in the presence of an alcohol, acetone or a mixture of one of these with water. The granulate may be converted to tablets, along with other agents. The tablets contain 0.01-1 parts by weight of a binding agent 0.03-0.4 parts by weight of a disintegrant 0.01-0.2 parts by weight of a lubricant and 0.1-1 parts by weight of a filling agent as well as, in the case of an effervescent tablet, an additional 0.05-30 parts by weight of a conventional physiologically acceptable effervescent mixture.|
|Inventor(s):||Sauerbier; Dieter (Werter, DE), Engel; Jurgen (Alzenau, DE), Milsmann; Eckhard (Bielefeld, DE)|
|Assignee:||Degussa Aktiengesellschaft (DE)|
1. A granulate containing, as active ingredient mesna, in combination with, for each part by weight of mesna: 0.1-1 parts by weight of a binding agent.
2. A granulate as set forth in claim 1 containing a member of the group consisting of: 0.01-0.2 parts by weight of a lubricant and 0.1-1 parts by weight of a filling agent.
3. A granulate as set forth in claim 1 or claim 2 containing at least one member of the group consisting of flavoring, sweetening and aromatizing substance.
4. A granulate according to claim 1 or claim 2 which is coated with a conventional pharmaceutically-acceptable film.
5. A process for the manufacture of a granulate containing, as active substance mesna, in combination with, for each part by weight of mesna: 0.01-1 parts by weight of a binding agent said process including the step of granulating mesna and at least a portion of said binding agent with at least one member of the group consisting of C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alcohols and acetone or a mixture of at least one of said organic agents with water.
6. A process as set forth in claim 5 in which there is present, during the granulation,
0.1-1 parts by weight of a filling agent and/or
0.1-0.2 parts by weight of a lubricant.
7. A process as set forth in claim 5 or claim 6 including the step of drying the granulate.
8. A process as set forth in claim 7 including applying a pharmaceutically-acceptable coating to the dried granulate.
9. As set forth in claim 5 or claim 6 including the step of drying the granulate, adding a member of the group consisting of flavoring, sweetening and aromatizing agents and homogenizing the entire mixture.
10. A process as set forth in claim 9 including applying a pharmaceutically acceptable coating to the homogenized pro duct.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.