Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Controlled release preparation containing a number of insoluble beads applied with one or more pharmaceutically active compounds, a method for the production thereof and the use in a treatment where a controlled release of a pharmaceutically active compound is needed.|
|Inventor(s):||Dahlinder; Lars-Erik D. (Molndal, SE), Johansson; Mats O. (Goteborg, SE), Sandberg; John A. (Molndal, SE), Sjogren; John A. (Molnlycke, SE)|
|Assignee:||Aktiebolaget Hassle (Molndal, SE)|
1. Controlled release beads, each comprising a compact inert core consisting of a plastic resin selected from the group consisting of polypropylene and polyethylene; an active layer
applied to the surface of the insoluble core consisting essentially of one or more pharmaceutically active compounds; and a release controlling polymeric membrane covering the active layer.
2. Beads according to claim 1 wherein the core has a size of 0.1-2 mm and the combination of the core and the layer has a size of 0.2-3.0 mm.
3. Beads according to claim 2, wherein the core has a size of 0.1-0.5 mm and the combination of the core and the active layer has a size of 0.3-1.0 mm.
4. Beads according to claim 1 wherein the pharmaceutically active compound is to be administered orally or parenterally.
5. Beads according to claim 1 wherein the pharmaceutically active compound is used in the cardiovascular, gastrointestinal or chemotherapeutic field.
6. Beads according to claim 1 wherein the pharmaceutically active compound is selected from the group consisting of a salt of an adrenergic beta-blocking agent, an antibiotic and a gastric acid secretion inhibitor.
7. A process for the preparation of beads for use in controlled release products consisting essentially of
(a) dissolving a pharmaceutically active compound in a solvent;
(b) applying the dissolved active compound to an insoluble core consisting of a plastic resin selected from the group consisting of polypropylene and polyethylene having a size of 0.2 to 2.00 mm;
(c) drying the insoluble core to remove the solvent and form beads having a coating of active compound and a size of 0.2 to 3.0 mm; and
(d) further coating the beads with a release controlling polymeric membrane.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.