Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compositions containing fixed combinations|
|Abstract:||Continuous administration of compositions containing a fixed quantity of synthetic estrogen in combination with a synthetic progestogenic agent are useful to relieve menopausal symptoms, to prevent osteoporosis and for other hormone-replacement treatments. Also described is an improved manufacturing process for such compositions especially for low tablet dosage forms.|
|Inventor(s):||Boissonneault; Roger M. (Long Valley, NJ), Miller, Jr.; Henry A. (Lake Hopatcong, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Warner-Lambert Company (Morris Plains, NJ)|
1. A method for treating menopausal symptoms associated with hormone deficiency in a postmenopausal female host comprising continuous, daily administration to said host of a fixed
combination in the form of a pharmaceutical composition for oral administration comprising:
(a) about 1-20 mcg ethinyl estradiol, and
(b) about 0.1-1.0 mg norethindrone acetate, wherein the ratio of norethindrone acetate to ethinyl estradiol is about 50:1 to about 200:1.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition comprises:
(a) 1-10 mcg ethinyl estradiol, and
(b) 0.1-1 mg norethindrone acetate, wherein the ratio of norethindrone acetate to ethinyl estradiol is about 100:1 to about 200:1.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the composition comprises 1 mcg ethinyl estradiol and 0.2 mg norethindrone acetate.
4. The method of claim 2, wherein the composition comprises 2.5 mcg ethinyl estradiol and 0.5 mg norethindrone acetate.
5. The method of claim 2, wherein the composition comprises 5 mcg ethinyl estradiol and 1 mg norethindrone acetate.
6. The method of claim 2, wherein the composition comprises 10 mcg ethinyl estradiol and 1 mg norethindrone acetate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.