DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,206,244
|Title:||Hydroxymethyl (methylenecyclopentyl) purines and pyrimidines|
|Abstract:||Antiviral activity is exhibited by compounds having the formula ##STR1## and its pharmaceutically acceptable salts.|
|Inventor(s):||Zahler; Robert (Pennington, NJ), Slusarchyk; William A. (Skillman, NJ)|
|Assignee:||E. R. Squibb & Sons, Inc. (Princeton, NJ)|
1. A compound having the formula ##STR101## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof wherein R.sub.1 is ##STR102## R.sub.4 is alkyl; R.sub.5 is hydrogen, alkyl,
substituted alkyl, or aryl; and
R.sub.6 and R.sub.7 are independently hydrogen, --PO.sub.3 H.sub.2, or ##STR103##
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 is ##STR104##
3. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sub.6 and R.sub.7 are independently hydrogen or ##STR105##
4. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sub.6 and R.sub.7 are independently hydrogen or --PO.sub.3 H.sub.2.
5. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sub.6 and R.sub.7 are hydrogen.
6. A compound according to claim 1 wherein ##STR106##
7. A compound according to claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 is ##STR107##
8. A compound according to claim 1, [1S-(1.alpha.,3.alpha.,4.beta.)]-2-amino-1,9-dihydro-9-[4-hydroxy-3-(hydro xymethyl)-2-methylene-cyclopentyl]-6H-purin-6-one.
9. A compound according to claim 1, [1R-(1.alpha.,3.alpha.,5.beta.)]-3-(6-amino-9H-purin-9-yl)-5-hydroxy-2-met hylenecyclopentanemethanol.
10. An antiviral composition useful for treating herpes simplex virus 1 and 2, varicella zoster virus, and human cytomegalovirus comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and an effective amount of a compound of the formula ##STR108## wherein R.sub.1, R.sub.6 and R.sub.7 are as defined in claim 1.
11. A method of treating a herpes simples virus 1, a herpes simplex virus 2, a varicella zoster virus, or a human cytomegalovirus infection in a mammalian species comprising administering an effective amount of the composition of claim 10.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.