Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||The invention concerns an intravaginal device comprising a combination of 17.beta.-estradiol and a supporting matrix for treating hypoestrogenic women. The device releases continously 17.beta.-estradiol at a rate of about 0.5 to about 25 .mu.g/24 h. The invention also comprises a method of preparing the device and a method of treating hypoestrogenic women by using the device.|
|Inventor(s):||Lindskog; Inga M. (Helsingborg, SE), Sjogren; Bengt C. H. (Viken, SE), Andersson; Sven-Borje (Od.ANG.kra, SE)|
|Assignee:||Kabi Pharmacia AB (Uppsala, SE)|
1. An intravaginal device for use by hypoestrogenic women comprising 17 beta-estradiol incorporated within a supporting elastomeric matrix in such a way that the 17 beta-estradiol will,
for at least a month, be continuously released from the elastomeric matrix at an essentially constant rate of about 0.5 to about 25 .mu.g per 24 hours.
2. An intravaginal device according to claim 1 wherein the release rate is from about 1 to about 10 .mu.g/24 h.
3. An intravaginal device according to claim 1 wherein the release rate is from about 4 to about 8 .mu.g/24 h.
4. A method of treating a woman having symptoms of hypoestrogenicity which comprises positioning within the woman an intravaginal device that comprises 17 beta-estradiol incorporated within a supporting elastomeric matrix in such a way that the 17 beta-estradiol will be, for at least a month, continuously released from the elastomeric matrix at an essentially constant rate of about 0.5 to about 25 .mu.g per 24 h.
5. A method according to claim 4 wherein the release rate is from about 1 to about 10 .mu.g/24 h.
6. A method according to claim 4 wherein the release rate is from about 4 to about 8 .mu.g/24 hr.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.