Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid and its salts|
|Abstract:||Substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula ##STR1## and its salts, if desired in an isomeric form, have a superior inhibitory action on HMG-CoA reductase and thus bring about a surprisingly good lowering of the cholesterol content in the blood.|
|Inventor(s):||Angerbauer; Rolf (Wuppertal, DE), Fey; Peter (Wuppertal, DE), Hubsch; Walter (Wuppertal, DE), Philipps; Thomas (Cologne, DE), Bischoff; Hilmar (Wuppertal, DE), Petzinna; Dieter (Duesseldorf, DE), Schmidt; Delf (Wuppertal, DE), Thomas; Gunter (Milan, IT)|
|Assignee:||Bayer Aktiengesellschaft (Leverkusen, DE)|
1. Substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula ##STR13## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. Substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula (I) according to claim 1 and its salts in the erythro configuration.
3. (+)-Enantiomers of the substituted pyridyldihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula (I) according to claim 1 and its salts.
4. (+)-Enantiomers of substituted pyridyl-dihydroxyheptenoic acid of the formula (I) according to claim 1 and its salts in the erythro configuration.
5. Sodium, potassium, magnesium and ammonium salts of the substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula (I) according to claim 1.
6. Sodium 3R,5S-(+)-erythro-(E)-7-[4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2,6-diisopropyl-5-methoxymethy l-pyrid -3-yl]-3,5-dihydroxy-hept-6-enoate.
7. Diastereomeric amides of the formula ##STR14## in which R.sup.2 - represents C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl which is optionally substituted by hydroxyl, and
R.sup.3 represents hydrogen, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl, halogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkoxy.
8. A composition for inhibiting 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl coenzyme A which comprises a compound or salt thereof according to claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent.
9. A method of inhibiting 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl coenzyme A in a patient in need thereof which comprises administering to said patient an amount effective therefore of a compound or salt thereof according to claim 1.