|Title:||Substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid and its salts|
|Abstract:||Substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula ##STR1## and its salts, if desired in an isomeric form, have a superior inhibitory action on HMG-CoA reductase and thus bring about a surprisingly good lowering of the cholesterol content in the blood.|
|Inventor(s):||Angerbauer; Rolf (Wuppertal, DE), Fey; Peter (Wuppertal, DE), Hubsch; Walter (Wuppertal, DE), Philipps; Thomas (Cologne, DE), Bischoff; Hilmar (Wuppertal, DE), Petzinna; Dieter (Duesseldorf, DE), Schmidt; Delf (Wuppertal, DE), Thomas; Gunter (Milan, IT)|
|Assignee:||Bayer Aktiengesellschaft (Leverkusen, DE)|
1. Substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula ##STR13## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. Substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula (I) according to claim 1 and its salts in the erythro configuration.
3. (+)-Enantiomers of the substituted pyridyldihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula (I) according to claim 1 and its salts.
4. (+)-Enantiomers of substituted pyridyl-dihydroxyheptenoic acid of the formula (I) according to claim 1 and its salts in the erythro configuration.
5. Sodium, potassium, magnesium and ammonium salts of the substituted pyridyl-dihydroxy-heptenoic acid of the formula (I) according to claim 1.
6. Sodium 3R,5S-(+)-erythro-(E)-7-[4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2,6-diisopropyl-5-methoxymethy l-pyrid -3-yl]-3,5-dihydroxy-hept-6-enoate.
7. Diastereomeric amides of the formula ##STR14## in which R.sup.2 - represents C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl which is optionally substituted by hydroxyl, and
R.sup.3 represents hydrogen, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl, halogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkoxy.
8. A composition for inhibiting 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl coenzyme A which comprises a compound or salt thereof according to claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent.
9. A method of inhibiting 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl coenzyme A in a patient in need thereof which comprises administering to said patient an amount effective therefore of a compound or salt thereof according to claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.