Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Combination of tobramycin and fluorometholone for topical ophthalmic use|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are pharmaceutical compositions comprising tobramycin and fluorometholone or fluorometholone acetate for topical ophthalmic delivery and methods of treatment comprising administering said composition when indicated for infection and control of inflammatory response for optimal wound healing and normalization of the eye.|
|Inventor(s):||Cagle; Gerald D. (Fort Worth, TX), McDonald; Thomas O. (Fort Worth, TX), Rosenthal; Allan L. (Fort Worth, TX)|
|Assignee:||Alcon Laboratories, Inc. (Fort Worth, TX)|
1. A method of treating ophthalmic inflammation and infection which comprises administering topically to the affected eye of a human host a therapeutically effective amount of
an ophthalmic pharmaceutical composition comprising an anti-inflammatory effective amount of a steroid selected from the group consisting of fluorometholone and fluorometholone acetate; an anti-infective effective amount of tobramycin; and a
pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the steroid comprises fluorometholone acetate.
3. A method according to claim 1, wherein the ratio of the tobramycin to the steroid is in the range of from 0.1:1.0 to 10.0:1.0.
4. A method according to claim 3, wherein the composition is an aqueous solution; the combined concentration of the tobramycin and the steroid is in the range of 0.01 to 2.0 percent by weight; and the pH of the solution is in the range of 4.5 to 8.0.
5. A method according to claim 4, wherein the steroid comprises fluorometholone acetate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.