DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,084,479
|Title:||Novel methods for treating neurodegenerative diseases|
|Abstract:||The instant invention is novel uses of known cyclic amino acids. Such compounds as gabapentin are used for treating neurodegenerative disorders, perinatal asphyxia, status epilepticus, Alzheimer's Hungington's, Parkinson's, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.|
|Inventor(s):||Woodruff; Geoffrey N. (Herts, GB)|
|Assignee:||Warner-Lambert Company (Morris Plains, NJ)|
1. A method for treating neurodegenerative diseases which comprises administering a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of formula ##STR2## wherein R.sub.1 is hydrogen or a
lower alkyl and n is 4, 5, or 6 or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in unit dosage form, to a mammal in need of said treatment.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein the neurodegenerative disease is stroke.
3. A method according to claim 1 wherein the degenerative disease is Alzheimer's disease.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein the degenerative disease is Huntington's disease.
5. A method according to claim 1 wherein the degenerative disease is Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
6. A method according to claim 1 wherein the degenerative disease is Parkinson's disease.
7. A method according to claim 1 wherein the compound is gabapentin or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
8. A method according to claim 1 wherein an individual dose is 5 mg to 50 mg parenterally or 50 to 600 mg enterally of the compound or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.