Generated: May 1, 2017
|Title:||Cis, endo-2-azabicyclo-[3.3.0]-octane-3-carboxylic acids, a process for their preparation, agents containing these compounds and their use|
|Abstract:||Compounds of the formula I ##STR1## in which the carboxyl group on carbon atom 3 is orientated in the endo-position relative to the bicyclic ring system of cis-configuration, and in which R.sup.1 denotes hydrogen, allyl, vinyl or a side-chain of a naturally occurring .alpha.-aminoacid, which may be protected, R.sup.2 denotes hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl or aralkyl, Y denotes hydrogen or hydroxyl and 2 denotes hydrogen, or Y and Z together denote oxygen, and X denotes alkyl, alkenyl or cycloalkyl, or aryl which is optionally mono-, di- or tri-substituted by alkyl, alkoxy, hydroxyl, halogen, nitro, amino, alkylamino, dialkylamino or methylenedioxy, or denotes indol-3-yl, a process for their preparation, agents containing these compounds and their use.|
|Inventor(s):||Teetz; Volker (Hofheim am Taunus, DE), Geiger; Rolf (Frankfurt am Main, DE), Urbach; Hansjorg (Kronberg, DE), Becker; Reinhard (Wiesbaden, DE), Scholkens; Bernward (Kelkheim, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoechst AG (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR11## or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof, wherein R.sup.2 is hydrogen, methyl, ethyl, or benzyl, and wherein hydrogen atoms on the ring
carbon atoms in the 1- and 5-positions are in the cis-configuration relative to one another, the carboxyl group on the ring carbon atom in the 3-position is in the endo position relative to the bicyclic ring system, and the chirality centers in the chain
and on the ring carbon atom in the 3-position all have the S-configuration, said compound or salt being substantially free of other isomers.
2. A compound or salt as in claim 1 which is N-(1-S-carboethoxy-3-phenyl-propyl)-S-alanyl-cis,endo-2-azabicyclo-[3.3.0] -octane-3-S-carboxylic acid or a salt thereof.
3. A compound or salt as in claim 1 which is N-(1-S-carboxy-3-phenyl-propyl)-S-alanyl-cis,endo-2-azabicyclo-[3.3.0]-oct ane-3-S-carboxylic acid or a salt thereof.
4. A hypotensive composition for reducing blood pressure comprising a hypotensively effective amount of a compound or salt as in claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient therefor.
5. A method for reducing blood pressure in a patient which comprises administering to said patient a hypotensively effective amount of a compound or salt as in claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.