Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Novel antiprotozoal naphthoquinones having the general formula ##STR1## (wherein either R.sup.1 is hydrogen and R.sup.2 is selected from C.sub.1-6 alkoxy, aralkoxy, C.sub.1-6 alkyl-C.sub.1-6 alkoxy, phenyl substituted by one or two groups selected from halogen and C.sub.1-6 alkyl, halogen and perhalo-C.sub.1-6 alkyl; or R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 are both C.sub.1-6 alkyl or phenyl; and n is 0 or 1) and salt thereof. The compounds of formula (I) are useful for the treatment or prophylaxis of protozoal diseases including malaria, theileriosis and coccidiosis. Various processes for preparing compounds of formula (I) are described.|
|Inventor(s):||Hudson; Alan T. (Sevenoaks, GB), Randall; Anthony W. (Hayes, GB)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. The trans compound of the formula (I): ##STR14##
2. A physiologically acceptable salt of the trans compound of the formula (I): ##STR15##
3. A method of treating malaria in a human having malaria comprising administering an effective malaria treatment amount of the trans compound of the formula (I): ##STR16##
4. The method of claim 3, in which said compound or salt is administered in a capsule or in a tablet.
5. The method of claim 3, in which said compound or salt is administered by injection.
6. A tablet or capsule containing the trans compound of the formula (I): ##STR17## or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof, said tablet or capsule containing 10 mg to 1 gram of said compound or salt thereof.
7. A parenterial injectable preparation comprising the trans compound of the formula (I): ##STR18## or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof and a pharmaceutically acceptable liquid carrier therefore.
8. A pharmaceutical preparation comprising the trans compound of the formula (I): ##STR19## or a pharmacologically acceptable salt thereof together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefore.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.