Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Ligands and cationic complexes thereof with technetium-99m|
|Abstract:||This invention concerns novel bidentate ligands L having two phosphorus or arsenic atoms. Cationic complexes of the ligands with Technetium-99m, e.g. having the formula [TcO.sub.2 L.sub.2 ].sup.+, are useful for body imaging, particularly myocardial imaging. The ligands have the general formula where Q is phosphorus or Z is a --CC-- or --CCC-- or --COC-- groups, the four groups Y are all C1-C8 saturated hydrocarbon or fluorohydrocarbon with 1-3 ether oxygen atoms.|
|Inventor(s):||Kelly; James D. (Amersham, GB2), Chiu; Kwok W. (Gloucester, GB2), Latham; Ian A. (West Bridgford, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Amersham International plc (Buckinghamshire, GB2)|
1. A ligand having the formula
where each Q is phosphorus,
Z is a --CC-- or --CCC-- chain or o-phenylene which may be substituted by C1-C3 alkoxy or alkoxyalkyl,
the groups Y may be the same or different and each is a saturated hydrocarbon or saturated fluorohydrocarbon which contains from 2 to 8 carbon atoms and from 1 to 3 ether oxygen atoms, provided that the four groups Y together contain a total of at least 13 carbon atoms.
2. A ligand as claimed in claim 1, wherein the groups Y may be the same or different and each has the formula
1 is 0 or 1,
m is 1 to 3,
provided that (1+m) is 1 to 3,
n is 1 or 2,
where 1 is 0, R.sup.3 is --C.sub.2 H.sub.5 or i--C.sub.3 H.sub.7 or --CH.sub.2 --CH.sub.x F.sub.3-x
where x is 0 to 2, or
where l is 1, R.sup.1 and/or R.sup.2 is --CH.sub.3 or H and R.sup.3 is --CH.sub.3 or --C.sub.2 H.sub.5
3. A ligand as claimed in claim 2, where m is 1 to 3 and n is 1.
4. A ligand as claimed in claim 2, wherein
Q is phosphorus,
Z is --C.sub.2 H.sub.4 --,
each Y is --C.sub.2 H.sub.4 OC.sub.2 H.sub.5.
5. A ligand as claimed in claim 1, wherein each group Y comprises a 5- or 6- membered alicyclic ring containing 1 or 2 ether oxygen atoms.
6. A ligand as claimed in claim 1, wherein each group Y has the formula:
m is 1 to 3
l is 0 to 1, such that (l+m) is 1 to 3,
R.sup.4 is C1 to C3 alkyl or fluoroalkyl.
7. A ligand as claimed in claim 1, wherein Q is a phosphorus, and the two groups Y attached to each Q are different and are selected from those having the formula
where m is 1 to 3, and R.sup.5 is C1 to C4 alkyl or fluoroalkyl.
8. A cationic complex of technetium-99m with a ligand according to claim 1.
9. A complex as claimed in claim 8 having the formula [TcL.sub.2 X.sub.2 ].sup.+ or [TcL.sub.2 O.sub.2 ].sup.+ where L is the ligand and X is a monodentate ligand for Tc.
10. A complex as claimed in claim 8, having the formula [TcL.sub.2 O.sub.2 ].sup.+ where L is a ligand having the formula (C.sub.2 H.sub.5 OC.sub.2 H.sub.4).sub.2 P--C.sub.2 H.sub.4 --P(C.sub.2 H.sub.4 OC.sub.2 H.sub.5).sub.2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.