Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Antibacterial antiplaque oral composition|
|Abstract:||An oral composition such as a dentifrice or mouthwash, containing an aqueous phase of water and as solubilizing agent propylene glycol, dipropylene glycol, methyl cellosolve, ethyl cellosolve, olive oil, castor oil, amyl acetate, ethyl acetate, glyceryl tristrearate or benzyl benzoate mixed with at least one glycerine and sorbitol, a substantially water-insoluble noncationic antibacterial antiplaque agent, such as 2,4,4'-trichloro-2.sup.1 -hydroxydiphenyl ether (triclosan), and a synthetic anionic linear polymeric polycarboxylate having a molecular weight of about 1,000 to about 1,000,000.|
|Inventor(s):||Nabi; Nuran (North Brunswick, NJ), Gaffar; Abdul (Princeton, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Colate-Palmolive Company (Piscataway, NJ)|
1. An oral composition comprising in an orally acceptable vehicle, a water-humectant phase, said water and humectant comprising at least about 10% by weight of said oral
composition, an effective antiplaque amount of a substantially water insoluble noncationic halogenated diphenyl ether antibacterial agent and about 0.0005-4% by weight of a synthetic anionic polymeric polycarboxylate having a molecular weight of about
1,000 to about 1,000,000, wherein said water-humectant phase includes a solubilizing agent which prevents precipitation of said antibacterial agent upon dilution with saliva during use in the oral cavity and which solubilizes said substantially
water-insoluble non-cationic halogenated diphenyl ether antibacterial agent and is present in amount sufficient to dissolve said antibacterial agent and prevent precipitation of said antibacterial agent upon dilution with saliva during use in the oral
2. The oral composition claimed in claim 1 wherein said oral composition contains about 70-99.9% by weight of a mixture of water and alcohol in a weight ratio of from about 1:1 to about 20:1 and said oral composition is a mouthrinse.
3. The oral composition claimed in claim 2 wherein said alcohol is ethanol.
4. The oral composition claimed in claim 1 wherein said polymeric polycarboxylate is present in amount of about 0.1 to 2% of a water soluble alkali metal or ammonium salt of a copolymer of vinyl methyl ether and maleic acid or anhydride having a molecular weight of about 30,000 to about 500,00.
5. The oral composition claimed in claim 1 containing an effective anticalculus amount of material comprising at least one linear molecularly dehydrated polyphosphate salt as essential anticalculus agent.
6. The oral composition claimed in claim 5 wherein said polyphosphate salt is present in amount of about 0.1-7% by weight and is tetrasodium pyrophosphate.
7. The oral composition claimed in claim 5 wherein said composition contains an amount of fluoride ion source sufficient to supply 25 ppm. to 2,000 ppm. of fluoride ions.
8. The oral composition claimed in claim 5 wherein said fluoride source is sodium fluoride.
9. The oral composition claimed in claim 1 wherein said composition contains an amount of fluoride ion source sufficient to supply 25 ppm to 2000 ppm of fluoride ions.
10. The oral composition claimed in claim 1 wherein said oral compositions contains a dentally acceptable water-insoluble polishing agent and said oral compositions is a toothpaste or gel dentifrice.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.