Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||Peroral preparation of acid-unstable compound|
|Abstract:||A peroral preparation of an acid-unstable compound comprises (1) a core containing the acid-unstable compound, (2) a first layer, coated on the core, comprising a hardly water-soluble, film-forming material and fine particles of a hardly water-soluble substance, suspended in the material, and (3) a second layer, coated on the first layer, of enteric film. The acid-unstable compound is a benzimidazole compound.|
|Inventor(s):||Saeki; Yasuharu (Tsukuba, JP), Koyama; Noritoshi (Ibaraki, JP), Watanabe; Sumio (Aichi, JP), Aoki; Shigeru (Gifu, JP)|
|Assignee:||Eisai Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A peroral preparation of a benzimidazole compound, which consists essentially of:
(1) a core containing a pharmacologically effective amount of a pharmacologically effective, acid-unstable benzimidazole compound,
(2) a slightly water-soluble first coating layer, coated on the core, comprising
a slightly water-soluble, film-forming material selected from the group consisting of ethyl cellulose and polyvinyl acetate and
fine particles of a slightly water-soluble substance selected from the group consisting of magnesium oxide, silicic anhydride, calcium silicate, magnesium hydroxide, magnesium carbonate, aluminum hydroxide, calcium stearate, magnesium stearate and sucrose fatty acid esters suspended in the first layer, and
(3) a second coating layer, coated on the first layer, of an enteric polymer film.
2. A peroral preparation as claimed in claim 1 or 2, in which the acid-unstable compound is a benzimidazole compound.
3. A peroral preparation as claimed in claim 1, in which the acid-unstable compound is sodium salt of 2(4-(3-methoxypropoxy)-3-methylpyridin-2-yl)methylsulfinyl)-1H-benzimidazo l.
4. A peroral preparation as claimed in claim 1 or 3, in which a weight ratio to the substance to the material is not less than 5 percent.
5. A peroral preparation as claimed in claim 1 or 3, in which the enteric film is selected from the group consisting of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose phthalate, cellulose acetate phthalate, a copolymer of methacrylic acid and methyl methacrylate, and polyvinyl acetate phthalate.
6. A peroral preparation as claimed in claim 1 or 3, in which the second coating layer also contains a plasticizer.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.