DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,994,267
|Title:||Transdermal acrylic multipolymer drug delivery system|
|Abstract:||A dermal composition comprising a drug, a multipolymer of ethylene-vinyl acetate, an acrylic polymer, and optionally one or more monomers, a natural or synthetic rubber and a tackifying agent. The ratio of the multipolymer to the rubber is, respectively, about 1:1 to about 10:1 and more preferably, 1:1 to 5:1 and more preferably 3:1. The dermal composition can optionally contain a crosslinking agent, tackifiers, penetration enhancers and other ingredients known for use in adhesives for the transdermal delivery of drugs. The dermal compositions can be produced by a variety of methods known in the preparation of drug containing adhesive preparations including the homogenous mixing of the multipolymer, drug and optional crosslinking agent and additional ingredients in solution or suspension or emulsion followed by removal of excess solvent.|
|Inventor(s):||Sablotsky; Steven (Miami, FL)|
|Assignee:||Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Miami, FL)|
1. An adhesive dermal composition comprising a drug, a multipolymer containing vinyl acetate/ethylene polymer and an acrylic polymer, a natural or synthetic rubber, and a
tackifying agent in which the ratio by weight of the multipolymer to the rubber is about 1:10 to about 30:1 and the ratio by weight of the vinyl acetate/ethylene polymer to the acrylic polymer is about 20:1 to about 1:20.
2. The dermal composition of claim 1, in which the ratio by weight of the multipolymer to a rubber is about 1:20 to about 20:1.
3. The dermal composition of claim 1, in which the multipolymer is an acrylic polymer and a vinyl acetate/ethylene copolymer and the rubber is polyisobutylene.
4. The dermal composition of claim 1 in which the drug is a solid or liquid at room temperature, is percutaneously absorbable, and is dissolved or dispersed in the composition.
5. The dermal composition of claim 4 in which the weight of the drug is about 0.1 to 50% by weight based on the weight of the dermal composition.
6. A dermal composition comprising a steroid, a multipolymer of an acrylic polymer and a vinyl acetate/ethylene copolymer, a natural or synthetic rubber, and a tackifying agent in which the multipolymer and rubber are in a ratio, respectively, of from about 1:1 to about 20:1.
7. The dermal composition according to claim 6 in which the acrylic polymer is selected from the group consisting of polymethacrylic acid and polyacrylic acid.
8. The dermal composition according to claim 6 in which the steroid is 17-Beta-Estradiol.
9. The dermal composition according to claim 6, in which the copolymer is a terpolymer of an ethylene/vinyl acetate copolymer and acrylic acid.
10. The dermal composition according to claim 9 in which the percent by weight of ethylene, vinyl acetate and acrylic acid units in the terpolymer are, respectively, roughly 15 to 90; 4 to 8 and 0 to 5.
11. The dermal composition according to claim 9 in which the amounts of ethylene, vinyl acetate and acrylic acid are respectively roughly 60%, 40% and 0%.
12. The dermal composition according to claim 6 in which the copolymer and natural or synthetic rubber are in a ratio, respectively, of about 1:3.
13. The dermal composition which comprises, as percent by weight, about 2% to about 10% ethylene/vinyl acetate copolymer, about 2% to about 20% natural or synthetic rubber, about 20% to about 60% of a polyacrylate about 5% to about 30% of a tackifying agent, and about 1% to about 50% of drug.
14. The composition according to claim 13 in which the drug is nitroglycerin or estradiol.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.