Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Dipyridoxyl phosphate chelating compounds|
|Abstract:||N,N'-bis-(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)-alkylenediamine-N,N'-diacetic acids, N,N'-bis-(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)-1,2-cycloalkylenediamine-N,N'-diacetic acids, and N,N'-bis-(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)-1,2-arylenediamine-N,N'-diacetic acids, the corresponding monophosphate compounds and monoacetic acid compounds, and their salts and esters form stable, highly soluble chelates with paramagnetic metal ions, and are highly effective NMRI contrast agents. Preferred contrast agents are paramagnetic ion chelates of N,N'-bis-(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)ethylenediamine-N,N'-diacetic acid, N,N'-bis-(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)trans-1,2-cyclohexylenediamine-N,N'-diacet ic acid, N,N'-bis-(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)trans-1,2-arylenediamine-N,N'-diacetic acid, and the soluble calcium salts thereof. Novel intermediates for forming these compounds are N,N'-bis(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)alkylenediimines, N,N'-bis(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)alkylenediamines, N,N'-bis(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)-1,2-cycloalkylenediimines, N,N'-bis(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)-1,2-cycloalkylenediamines, N,N'-bis(pyridoxal-5-phosphate-1,2-arylenediamines, and the corresponding monophosphate compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Rocklage; Scott M. (Saratoga, CA), Quay; Steven C. (Los Altos Hills, CA)|
|Assignee:||Salutar, Inc. (Sunnyvale, CA)|
1. A chelatable compound, capable of forming a metal ion chelate, of the formula: ##STR9## wherein: R is hydrogen or ##STR10## R.sub.1 is hydrogen or ##STR11## with the proviso that at
least one of R and R.sub.1 is other than hydrogen;
R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 are each, independently, hydroxy, alkoxy having from 1 to 18 carbons, hydroxy-substituted alkoxy having from 1 to 18 carbons, amino, or alkylamido having from 1 to 10 carbons;
R.sub.3 is alkylene having from 1 to 8 carbons, 1,2-cycloalkylene having from 5 to 8 carbons, or 1,2-arylene having from 6 to 10 carbons;
R.sub.4 is hydrogen, hydroxymethyl, alkyl having from 1 to 6 carbons, or ##STR12## each R.sub.7 is, independently, hydrogen, hydroxy-substituted alkyl having from 1 to 18 carbons, or aminoalkyl having from 1 to 18 carbons; or a physiologically biocompatible inorganic or organic cation salt of said chelatable compound.
2. A chelatable compound of claim 1 wherein R is ##STR13## and R.sub.1 is ##STR14##
3. A chelatable compound of claim 2 wherein R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 are each, individually, hydroxy, alkoxy having from 1 to 8 carbons, amino or alkylamido having from 1 to 8 carbons.
4. A chelatable compound of claim 3 wherein R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 are hydroxy or a salt thereof.
5. As a chelatable compound of claim 4, N,N'-bis-(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)ethylenediamine-N,N'-diacetic acid or a salt thereof.
6. A chelatable compound of claim 1 wherein R.sub.3 is alkylene having from 2 to 6 carbons.
7. A chelatable compound of claim 1 wherein R.sub.3 is cyclohexyl.
8. As a chelatable compound of claim 7, N,N'-bis-(pyridoxal-5-phosphate)-trans-1,2-cyclohexyldiamine-N,N'-diacetic acid or a salt thereof.
9. A chelatable compound of claim 1 wherein each R.sub.7 is, independently, hydrogen.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.