Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Use of 3'-deoxythymidin-2'-ene (3'deoxy-2',3'-didehydrothymidine) in treating patients infected with retroviruses|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to the use of 3'-deoxythymidin-2'-ene (3'deoxy-2',3'-didehydrothymidine) in treating patients infected with a retrovirus.|
|Inventor(s):||Lin; Tai-Shun (North Haven, CT), Prusoff; William H. (North Branford, CT)|
|Assignee:||Yale University (New Haven, CT)|
1. A method for treating warm blooded animals infected with a retrovirus, the method comprising administering to the warm blooded animal an anti-retroviral effective amount of
3'-deoxythymidin-2'-ene, either alone or in admixture with a diluent or in the form of a medicament.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the retrovirus is Moloney murine leukemia virus.
3. A method according to claim 1, wherein the retrovirus is HTLV III/LAV.
4. A method according to claim 1, wherein the 3'-deoxythymidine-2'-ene is administered intravenously in an amount of 0.01 to 10 mg per kg body weight per day.
5. A method according to claim 1 wherein the 3'-deoxythymidin-2'-ene is in admixture with a solid, liquid or liquified gaseous diluent to form a pharmaceutical composition.
6. A method according to claim 5, wherein the pharmaceutical composition contains 0.5 to 90% of said 3'-deoxythymidin-2'-ene.
7. A method according to claim 5, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is in the form of a sterile physiologically isotonic aqueous solution.
8. A method for treating human blood cells infected with HIV comprising administering to said cells an antiretroviral effective amount of 3'-deoxythymidin-2'-ene either alone or in admixture with a diluent or in the form of a medicament.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.