DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,954,344
|Title:||Method for treating nocturnal angina|
|Abstract:||A medical bandage is disclosed comprising a reservoir containing a gelled fluid, rheological agent and a drug. A method of using the bandage for producing a beneficial effect is disclosed also.|
|Inventor(s):||Gale; Robert M. (Mountain View, CA)|
|Assignee:||Alza Corporation (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. A method for diminishing the occurrence of nocturnal angina attacks in a patient, which method comprises:
(a) positioning on the skin at a location selected from the group consisting of arm, abdomen, chest, back, thigh, leg and buttocks of a patient prone to nocturnal anginal attacks, a medical bandage comprising:
(1) a backing member that is substantially impermeable to the passage of drug;
(2) a reservoir in contact with the backing member, the reservoir comprising an oil selected from the group consisting of natural and synthetic oils, rheological means for increasing the viscosity of the oil, and a drug useful for diminishing the occurrence of nocturnal anginal attacks;
(3) a rate controlling membrane in contact with the backing member and the reservoir comprising a polymeric composition that aids in controlling the release of the drug from the medical bandage; and,
(b) administering transdermally the drug to the patient in a therapeutically effective amount of producing the intended therapy.
2. The method for diminishing the occurrence of nocturnal anginal attacks according to claim 1, wherein an adhesive is in contact with the medical bandage, which adhesive holds the medical bandage on the skin.
3. The method for diminishing the occurrence of nocturnal anginal attacks according to claim 1, wherein an adhesive and a protective liner are in contact with the medical bandage, which liner is pulled from the medical bandage before it is positioned on the skin.
4. The method for diminishing the occurrence of nocturnal anginal attacks according to claim 1, wherein more than one of said medical bandages is positioned on the skin at the same time.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.