DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,927,855
|Title:||Levorotatory isomer of benzhydrylsulfinyl derivatives|
|Abstract:||The levorotatory isomer of benzhydrylsulfinylacetamide has useful pharmaceutical activity on the central nervous system, particularly as an antidepressant and stimulant in the treatment of hypersomnia and Alzheimer's disease.|
|Inventor(s):||Lafon; Louis (Paris, FR)|
|Assignee:||Laboratoire L. Lafon (Maisons Alfort, FR)|
2. A method for the treatment of hypersomnia, which comprises administering, to a patient in need of such a treatment, an effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition consisting essentially of (-)-benzhydrylsulfinylacetamide as an arousing agent.
3. A method for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, which comprises administering, to a patient in need of such a treatment, an effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition consisting essentially of (-)-benzylhydrylsulfinylacetamide as a central nervous system stimulant.
4. A therapeutic composition comprising an amount (-)-benzhydrylsulfinylacetamide in combination with a physiologically acceptable excipient effective to serve as an arousing agent.
5. A therapeutic composition comprising an amount effective as a central nervous system stimulant of (-)-benzhydrylsulfinylacetamide in combination with a physiologically acceptable excipient.
6. A pharmaceutical composition useful in therapy as a central nervous system stimulant consisting essentially of (-)-benzhydrylsulfinylacetamide in combination with a physiologically acceptable medium.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.