Generated: April 24, 2017
|Title:||Prolonged release microcapsules|
|Abstract:||A microcapsule produced by preparing a water-in-oil emulsion comprising an inner aqueous layer containing said water-soluble drug and a drug retaining substance therefor and an oil layer containing a polymer substance, then thickening or solidifying said inner aqueous layer to a viscosity of not lower than about 5000 centiposes and finally subjecting the resulting emulsion to in water drying gives prolonged release of water-soluble drug.|
|Inventor(s):||Okada; Hiroaki (Osaka, JP), Ogawa; Yasuaki (Osaka, JP), Yashiki; Takatsuka (Hyogo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
1. A spherical microcapsule for an injectable preparation, having an average diameter of 2-200 .mu.m, the spherical microcapsule comprising particles of a mixture of a
biologically active polypeptide and a drug-retaining substance selected from the group consisting of gelatin, albumin, pectin and agar, the weight ratio of the drug-retaining substance to the biologically active polypeptide being in the range of about
2.5/1 through about 1/1, the particles being dispersed in a spherical microcapsule matrix composed of a lactic acid-glycolic acid polymer having a monomer ratio within the range of about 78/22 to 50/50 and an average molecular weight within the range of
2. The microcapsule according to claim 1, wherein the biologically active polypetide is luteninizing hormone releasing hormone or its derivative.
3. The microcapsule according to claim 2, wherein the luteinizing hormone releasing hormone or its derivative is a polypeptide of the formula:
wherein R.sub.1 is His, Tyr, Trp or p-NH.sub.2 -Phe; R.sub.2 is Tyr or Phe; R.sub.3 is Gly or D-amino acid residue which may have a protective group; R.sub.4 is Leu, Ile or Nle and R.sub.5 is Gly-NH-R.sub.6 or NHR.sub.6, wherein R.sub.6 is hydrogen or lower alkyl which may be substituted by hydroxyl.
4. The microcapsule according to claim 3, wherein R.sub.1 is His, R.sub.2 Tyr, R.sub.3 is D-Leu, R.sub.4 is Leu and R.sub.5 is NHCH.sub.2 CH.sub.3.
5. The microcapsule according to claim 3, wherein R.sub.1 is His, R.sub.2 is Tyr, R.sub.3 is D-Ala protected with naphthyl, R.sub.4 is Leu and R.sub.5 is Gly-NH.sub.2.
6. The microcapsule according to claim 1, wherein the drug retaining substance is gelatin.
7. The microcapsule according to claim 1, wherein the lactic acid-glycolic acid polymer is a copolymer having a monomer molar ratio of 78/22.
8. An injectable preparation comprising a therapeutically effective amount of spherical microcapsules according to claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable vehicle, the preparation providing release of the polypeptide to a patient over a period of at least two weeks after administration.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.