Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Metal-isonitrile adducts for preparing radionuclide complexes|
|Abstract:||A method for preparing a coordination complex of an isonitrile ligand and a radioisotope of Tc, Ru, Co, Pt, Re, Os, Ir, W, Re, Cr, Mo, Mn, Ni, Rh, Nb and Ta from a non-radioactive metal adduct of the isonitrile.|
|Inventor(s):||Carpenter, Jr.; Alan P. (Tyngsboro, MA), Maheu; Leo J. (Andover, MA), Patz; Michael A. (Somerville, MA), Tulip; Thomas H. (Nashua, NH), Linder; Karen E. (Somerville, MA), Subramanyam; Vinayakam (Towson, MD), Thompson; Jeffery S. (Wilmington, DE)|
|Assignee:||E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (Wilmington, DE)|
1. A method for preparing a coordination complex of an isonitrile ligand and a radioactive metal selected from the class consisting of radioactive isotopes of Tc, Ru, Co, Pt, Fe, Os,
Ir, W, Re, Cr, Mo, Mn, Ni, Rh, Pd, Nb and Ta, said method comprising admixing a lyophilized soluble copper adduct of said isonitrile ligand with a radioactive metal in a suitable solvent to replace said copper with the radioactive metal thereby forming
said coordination complex.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said radioactive metal is Tc.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein said radioactive metal is Tc-99m.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein the isonitrile ligand has the formula CNR where R is butyl.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein the isonitrile ligand has the formula CNR where R is butyl having an alkyl ether or alkyl ester substitution.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein the copper adduct of said isonitrile ligand has the formula [Cu(CNR).sub.2 Y]X wherein R is a suitable organic radical, X is an appropriate counter ion and Y is a bidentate chelating ligand.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein Y is selected from the group consisting of phenanthroline, substituted phenanthroline, diimine, substituted diimine, bipyridine or substituted bipyridine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.