DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Join the DrugPatentWatch Referral Program Get access to a free drug patent landscape report or a free one-month subscription
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,879,303
|Title:||Pharmaceutically acceptable salts|
|Abstract:||Improved pharmaceutical salts of amlodipine, particularly the besylate salt, and pharmaceutical compositions thereof. These salts find utility as anti-ischaemic and anti-hypertensive agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Davison; Edward (Margate, GB2), Wells; James I. (Canterbury, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 4,879,303|
1. The besylate salt of amlodipine.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an antihypertensive, antiischaemic or angina - alleviating effective amount of the besylate salt of amlodipine as claimed in claim 1 together with a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent or carrier.
3. A tablet formulation comprising an anti-hypertensive, antiischaemic or angina - alleviating effective amount of the besylate salt of amlodipine as claimed in claim 1 in admixture with excipients.
4. A tablet formulation as claimed in claim 3 wherein the excipients comprise a compression and, an additive to provide sheen to the tablet, a disintegrant and a lubricant.
5. A tablet formulation as claimed in claim 4 wherein the excipients comprise microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous dibasic calcium phosphate, sodium starch glycollate and magnesium stearate.
6. A capsule formulation comprising an antihypertensive, antiischaemic or angina - alleviating effective amount of the besylate salt of amlodipine as claimed in claim 1 in admixture with excipients.
7. A capsule formulation as claimed in claim 6 wherein the excipients comprise an inert diluent, a dried disintegrant and a lubricant.
8. A capsule formulation as claimed in claim 7 wherein the excipients comprise microcrystalline cellulose, dried maize starch and magnesium stearate.
9. A sterile aqueous solution comprising an antihypertensive, antiischaemic or angina - alleviating effective amount of the besylate salt of amlodipine for parenteral administration.
10. A sterile aqueous solution as claimed in claim 9 comprising from 10 to 40% w/v of propylene glycol.
11. A sterile aqueous solution as claimed in claim 9 or claim 10 comprising about 1% w/v sodium chloride.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.