DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,879,288
|Title:||Novel dibenzothiazepine antipsychotic|
|Abstract:||11-[4-[2-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)ethyl]-1-piperazinyl]dibenzo[b,f][1,4 ]thiazepine is disclosed as a neuroleptic with a much reduced incidence of side effects such as acute dystonia and dyskinesia and tardive diskinesia.|
|Inventor(s):||Warawa; Edward J. (Wilmington, DE), Migler; Bernard M. (Cherry Hill, NJ)|
|Assignee:||ICI Americas Inc. (Wilmington, DE)|
1. A compound of formula II ##STR14## and acid addition salts thereof.
2. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein said acid addition salts are phamaceutically acceptable acid addition salts.
3. A compound as claimed in claim 2 wherein said salt is a hemifumarate salt.
4. A compound as claimed in claim 2 wherein said salt is a hydrochloride salt.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound of claim 2 in an amount sufficient to manage a psychotic condition in a living mammal in need of such treatment in association with a non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable diluent or carrier.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound of claim 2 in an amount sufficient to reduce hyperactivity in a living mammal in need of such treatment in association with a non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable diluent or carrier.
7. A method of treating psychosis in a living mammal comprising administering to the mammal an effective amount of a composition of claim 2.
8. A method of treating hyperactivity in a living mammal comprising administering to the mammal an effective amount of a composition of claim 2.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.