Generated: May 1, 2017
|Title:||Optically pure compound and a process for its preparation|
|Abstract:||Optically pure S-(-)-1-propyl-2',6'-pipecoloxylidide hydrochloride monohydrate, with the structural formula ##STR1## a process for the preparation thereof and the use for inducing local anesthesia.|
|Inventor(s):||Sandberg; Rune V. (Jarna, SE)|
|Assignee:||Astra Lakemedel Aktiebolag (Sodertalje, SE)|
1. (S)-(-)-1-propyl-2',6'-pipecoloxylidide hydrochloride, wherein the compound is in the form of its monohydrate.
2. The compound according to claim 1, wherein it is substantially optically pure.
3. The compound according to claim 1, wherein it contains less than 0.5% by weight of the corresponding (R)-(+)-enantiomer.
4. A process for the preparation of substantially optically pure monohydrate of (S)-(-)-1-propyl-2',6'-pipecoloxylidide hydrochloride, which comprises:
dissolving (S)-(-)-1-propyl-2',6'-pipecoloxylidide hydrochloride in a volume of water which is 1 to 3 times its weight;
adding acetone to the dissolved mixture in an amount which is 5 to 15 times the volume of the water added, wherein the temperature of the acetone is between 45.degree. C. and its boiling point; and
isolating the monohydrate of (S)-(-)-1-propyl-2',6'-pipecoloxylidide hydrochloride.
5. The process according to claim 4, wherein the weight of the volume of water is equal to the weight of the (S)-(-)-1-propyl-2',6'-pipecoloxylidide hydrochloride and the volume of the acetone is 10 times the volume of the added water.
6. A method for inducing local anesthesia, which comprises adminstering to mammals including man needing local anesthesia an anesthetizing amount of the compound according to claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.