Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Antihistaminic fluoro substituted benzocycloheptapyridines|
|Abstract:||Certain benzocycloheptapyridine compounds with fluorine substitution across the exocyclic double bond are prepared and they are useful as antihistaminic agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Schumacher; Doris P. (Florham Park, NJ), Murphy; Bruce L. (Glen Ridge, NJ), Clark; Jon E. (Highland Park, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
1. A compound represented by structural formula I ##STR13## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein: A, B, X and Y may be the same or different, and each independently
represents H, halo, --CF.sub.3, --OR.sup.10, --C(O)R.sup.10, --SR.sup.10, --N(R.sup.10).sub.2, --OC(O)R.sup.10, --CO.sub.2 R.sup.10, --OCO.sub.2 R.sup.11, alkyl, alkenyl or alkynyl, alkyl, alkenyl or alkynyl, which alkyl or alkenyl groups may be
substituted with halo, --OR.sup.10, or --CO.sub.2 R.sup.10 ;
R.sup.10 represents H, alkyl or aryl;
R.sup.11 represents alkyl or aryl;
R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 may be H and F respectively or F and H respectively; and
R is H, alkyl or --CO.sub.2 R.sup.10 wherein R.sup.10 is as previously defined.
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein A, B, X and Y may be the same or different and each independently represents H or halo.
3. A compound of claim 2 wherein one of A, B, X and Y is halo and the others are H.
4. The compound of claim 3 wherein one of X or Y is halo and A, B and the other of X or Y are H.
5. The compounds of claim 4 wherein the halo X or Y is chlorine.
6. A compound according to claim 4 wherein R is CO.sub.2 R.sup.10.
7. The compounds of claim 6 wherein R.sup.10 is selected from H or alkyl.
8. The compounds of claim 7 wherein R.sup.10 is alkyl.
9. The compounds of claim 8 wherein R.sup.10 is ethyl.
10. The compounds of claim 9 wherein R.sup.1 is fluorine and R.sup.2 is H.
11. A compound of claim 1 having the name:.
ethyl 4-[8-chloro-6,11-dihydro-5H-benzo[5,6]cyclohepta[1,2-b]pyridin-11-yl]-4-fl uoro-1-piperidine carboxylate; or
ethyl 4-[8-chloro-11-fluoro-6,11-dihydro-5H-benzo[5,6]cyclohepta[1,2-b]pyridin-1 1-yl]-1-piperidine carboxylate.
12. A compound of claim 10 having the formula: ##STR14##
13. A pharmaceutical composition which comprises a compound having structural formula I as defined in claim 1, in combination with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
14. A method for treating allergic reactions in a mammal comprising administering to said mammal an antihistaminic effective amount of a compound as claimed in claim 1.