DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,861,760
|Title:||Ophthalmological composition of the type which undergoes liquid-gel phase transition|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a pharmaceutical composition intended for contacting with a physiological liquid characterized in that said composition is intended to be administered as a non-gelled liquid form and is intended to gel in situ, this composition containing at least one polysaccharide in aqueous solution, of the type which undergoes liquid-gel phase transition gelling in situ under the effect of an increase in the ionic strength of said physiological liquid.|
|Inventor(s):||Mazuel; Claude (Riom, FR), Friteyre; Marie-Claire (Riom, FR)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
1. A liquid aqueous ophthalmological composition comprising 0.1 to 2% by weight of gellan gum which on administration to the eye changes from a liquid to a gel as a result of the ionic
strength of the lacrimal fluid.
2. The composition of claim 2 which additionally comprises about 0.001% to 5% by weight of an ophthalmic pharmaceutically-active substance.
3. The composition of claim 2 wherein the pharmaceutically-active substance is selected from the group consisting of an antibacterial substance and an anti-glaucoma drug.
4. The composition of claim 3 wherein the antibacterial substance is norfloxacin and the antiglaucoma drug is timolol maleate or a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein the gellan gum is Gelrite.
6. The composition of claim 5 which additionally comprises about 0.001% to 5% by weight of an ophthalmic pharmaceutically-active substance.
7. The composition of claim 6 wherein the pharmaceutically-active substance is selected from the group consisting of an antibacterial substance and an antiglaucoma drug.
8. The composition of claim 7 wherein the antibacterial substance is norfloxacin and the antiglaucoma drug is selected from the group consisting of timolol maleate and a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.