Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Polymer, production and use thereof|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a biodegradable high molecular polymer characterized in that the content of water-soluble low molecular compounds, as calculated on the assumption that said compounds each is a monobasic acid, is less than 0.01 mole per 100 grams of said high molecular polymer. The thus-obtained high molecular polymer has good aging stability and can be used advantageously as an exipient for pharmaceutical preparations.|
|Inventor(s):||Yamamoto; Masaki (Osaka, JP), Okada; Hiroaki (Osaka, JP), Ogawa; Yasuaki (Osaka, JP), Miyagawa; Tsutomu (Saitama, JP)|
|Assignee:||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
1. A microcapsule for injectable sustained release which contains an effective amount of ingredient and a biodegradable high molecular polymer useful as an excipient in
producing a pharmaceutical preparation comprising a copolymer or homopolymer of about 50-100 mole percent of lactic acid and about 50-0 mole percent of glycolic acid having a weight average molecular weight of about 2,000 to 50,000 and wherein the
content of water-soluble low molecular compounds, as calculated on the assumption that each of said compounds is a monobasic acid, is less than 0.01 mole per 100 grams of said high molecular polymer.
2. The microcapsule according to claim 1, wherein the ingredient is a water-soluble peptide.
3. The microcapsule according to claim 2, wherein the water-soluble peptide has luteinizing hormone releasing hormone-like activity or thyroid hormone releasing hormone-like activity.
4. The microcapsule according to claim 3, wherein the peptide having the luteinizing hormone releasing hormone-like activity has the formula:
5. The microcapsule according to claim 1, wherein the biodegradable high molecular polymer has an inherent viscosity of about 0.05-0.5 dl/g as determined with a 0.5 weight percent chloroform solution thereof and a weight average molecular weight of about 5,000-35,000.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.