✉ Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
▶ Start for $1
Remove trial restrictions
Summary for Patent: 4,833,130
|Title:||Treatment of human viral infections|
|Abstract:||Treatment of AIDS or humans carrying or infected with the AIDS virus or having antibodies to the AIDS virus is disclosed using the compound 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable basic salt thereof. Also disclosed is the use of the 5'-mono, di- and triphosphate of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable basic salt thereof for the same purpose.|
|Inventor(s):||Rideout; Janet L. (Raleigh, NC), Barry; David W. (Chapel Hill, NC), Lehrman; Sandra N. (Durham, NC), St. Clair; Martha H. (Durham, NC), Furman; Phillip A. (Durham, NC)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. A method of treating a human having an HTLV III virus infection comprising administering to said human an effective HTLV III virus treatment amount of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
2. The method of claim 1 in which 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine is administered orally.
3. The method of claim 1 in which 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine is administered parenterally.
4. A method of treating a human having an HTLV III virus infection comprising administering to said human an effective HTLV III treatment amount of a pharmaceutically acceptable alkali metal, alkaline earth or ammonium salt of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
5. The method of claim 4 in which the salt is administered orally.
6. The method of claim 4 in which the salt is administered parenterally.
7. A method of treating a human, having an HTLV III virus infection comprising orally or parenterally administering to a human an effective HTLV III virus treatment amount of a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.