DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,831,031
|Title:||Aryl piperazinyl-(C.sub.2 or C.sub.4) alkylene heterocyclic compounds having neuroleptic activity|
|Abstract:||Arylpiperazinyl-ethyl(or butyl)-heterocyclic compounds and their pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salts are neuroleptic agents. They are useful in the treatment of psychotic disorders.|
|Inventor(s):||Lowe, III; John A. (Stonington, CT), Nagel; Arthur A. (Gales Ferry, CT)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR4## or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof, wherein Ar is benzoisothiazolyl or an oxide or dioxide thereof each optionally
substituted by one fluoro, chloro, trifluoromethyl, methoxy, cyano, or nitro;
n is 1 or 2; and
X and Y together with the phenyl to which they are attached form benzothiazolyl; 2-aminobenzothiazolyl; benzoisothiazolyl; indazolyl; 2-hydroxyindazolyl; indolyl; oxindolyl optionally substituted by one to three of (C.sub.1 -C.sub.3)alkyl, or one of chloro, fluoro or phenyl, said phenyl optionally substituted by one chloro or fluoro; benzoxazolyl; 2-aminobenzoxazolyl; benzoxazolonyl; 2-aminobenzoxazolinyl; benzothiazolonyl; bezoimidazolonyl; or benzotriazolyl.
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein X and Y together with the phenyl to which they are attached form benzoxazolonyl.
3. A compound according to claim 2 wherein Ar is benzoisothiazolyl and n is 1.
4. A compound according to claim 1 wherein X and Y together with the phenyl to which they are attached form oxindole.
5. A pharmaceutical composition having neuroleptic activity comprising a compound according to claim 1 in an amount effective in the treatment of neuroleptic diseases, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
6. A composition according to claim 5 wherein X and Y together with the phenyl to which they are attached form benzoxazolonyl.
7. A composition according to claim 6 wherein Ar is benzoisothiazolyl and n is 1.
8. A composition according to claim 5 wherein X and Y together with the phenyl to which they are attached form oxindole.
9. A method of treating neuroleptic diseases which comprises administering to a subject in need of treatment a neuroleptic amount of a compound according to claim 1.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.