Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Medicament for the treatment of inflammations of the eye|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to an ophthalmic medicament containing diclofenac-sodium in aqueous solution. Owing to the addition of a specific stabilizer, the medicament has excellent stability against chemical decomposition of the active ingredient and outstanding preservation properties and is tolerated very well by the eye.|
|Inventor(s):||Doulakas; Johann (Winterthur, CH)|
|Assignee:||Dispersa AG (Hettlingen, CH)|
1. In a medicament for the treatment of inflammations of the eye, containing an aqueous solution of diclofenac-sodium in an amount of from 0.01 to 0.15%, a buffer, an isotonising agent,
a solution aid and a preservative, the improvement wheein the medicament contains a compound of the general formula I ##STR2## in which m, n, and o, independently of one another, each represents an integer of at least 1 and the sum of m, n and o is in
the range of from 3 to 9, in an amount of from 0.05 to 5% as stabilizer for the active ingredient and the preservative and also as additional buffer.
2. A medicament according to claim 1, containing 2-amino-2-hydroxymethyl-1,3-propanediol as stabilizer.
3. A medicament according to claim 2, containing the sodium salt of 2-(ethylmercurithio)benzoic acid as preservative.
4. A medicament according to claim 2, containing benzalkonium choloride as preservative.
5. A medicament according to claim 2, containing cetylpyridinium chloride as preservative.
6. A medicament according to claim 1, containing a 0.05 to 0.11% aqueous solution of diclofenac-sodium, boric acid in an amount of 1.9% as buffer and isotonising agent, a reaction product of castor oil and ethylene oxide in an amount of 5.0% as solution aid, the sodium salt of 2-(ethylmercurithio)benzoic acid in an amount of from 0.002 to 0.005% as preservative and 2-amino-2-hydroxymethyl-1,3-propanediol in an amount of from 0.1 to 1.0% of stabilizer.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.