Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Medicament for the treatment of inflammations of the eye|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to an ophthalmic medicament containing diclofenac-sodium in aqueous solution. Owing to the addition of a specific stabilizer, the medicament has excellent stability against chemical decomposition of the active ingredient and outstanding preservation properties and is tolerated very well by the eye.|
|Inventor(s):||Doulakas; Johann (Winterthur, CH)|
|Assignee:||Dispersa AG (Hettlingen, CH)|
1. In a medicament for the treatment of inflammations of the eye, containing an aqueous solution of diclofenac-sodium in an amount of from 0.01 to 0.15%, a buffer, an isotonising agent,
a solution aid and a preservative, the improvement wheein the medicament contains a compound of the general formula I ##STR2## in which m, n, and o, independently of one another, each represents an integer of at least 1 and the sum of m, n and o is in
the range of from 3 to 9, in an amount of from 0.05 to 5% as stabilizer for the active ingredient and the preservative and also as additional buffer.
2. A medicament according to claim 1, containing 2-amino-2-hydroxymethyl-1,3-propanediol as stabilizer.
3. A medicament according to claim 2, containing the sodium salt of 2-(ethylmercurithio)benzoic acid as preservative.
4. A medicament according to claim 2, containing benzalkonium choloride as preservative.
5. A medicament according to claim 2, containing cetylpyridinium chloride as preservative.
6. A medicament according to claim 1, containing a 0.05 to 0.11% aqueous solution of diclofenac-sodium, boric acid in an amount of 1.9% as buffer and isotonising agent, a reaction product of castor oil and ethylene oxide in an amount of 5.0% as solution aid, the sodium salt of 2-(ethylmercurithio)benzoic acid in an amount of from 0.002 to 0.005% as preservative and 2-amino-2-hydroxymethyl-1,3-propanediol in an amount of from 0.1 to 1.0% of stabilizer.