Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Treatment of human viral infection|
|Abstract:||Treatment of AIDS or humans carrying or infected with the AIDS virus or having antibodies to the AIDS virus is disclosed using the compound 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable basic salt thereof. Also disclosed is the use of 5'-mono-, di- and triphosphate of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine or a pharmaceutically acceptable basic salt thereof for the same purpose.|
|Inventor(s):||Rideout; Janet L. (Raleigh, NC), Barry; David W. (Chapel Hill, NC), Lehrman; Sandra N. (Durham, NC), St. Clair; Martha H. (Durham, NC), Furman; Phillip A. (Durham, NC)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. A pharmaceutical preparation comprising a capsule containing 5 to 500 mg of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
2. The capsule according to claim 1 containing 10 to 200 mg of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
3. The capsule according to claim 1 containing 20 to 100 mg at 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
4. A tablet for oral administration containing 5 to 500 mg of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine and a pharmaceutically acceptable solid carrier therefor.
5. A tablet according to claim 4 containing 10 to 200 mg of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
6. A tablet according to claim 4 containing 20 to 100 mg of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
7. A pharmaceutical preparation comprising a capsule containing 5 to 500 mg of a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
8. A tablet for oral administration containing 5 to 500 mg of a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.