Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Dosage form for treating cardiovascular diseases comprising isradipine|
|Abstract:||An osmotic device is disclosed comprising a first composition, and a second composition with the beneficial drug isradipine in the first composition.|
|Inventor(s):||Ayer; Atul D. (Palo Alto, CA), Swanson; David R. (Palo Alto, CA), Kuczynski; Anthony L. (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Assignee:||ALZA Corporation (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. A method for treating a cardiovascular disease, wherein the method comprises:
(A) admitting into a patient afflicted with a cardiovascular disease an osmotic dosage form comprising:
(1) a wall comprising at least in part a composition permeable to the passage of fluid, which wall surrounds;
(2) a compartment;
(3) a first composition in the compartment, said first composition comprising from 2 milligrams to 30 milligrams of isradipine for treating a cardiovascular disease, from 30 weight percent to 95 weight percent of a polyethylene oxide comprising a molecular weight of from 100,000 to 300,000, and from 0 weight percent to 15 weight percent of a hydroxypropylmethylcellulose comprising a molecular weight of 9,000 to 15,000;
(4) a second composition in the compartment, said second composition comprising from 55 weight percent to 70 weight percent of a polyethylene oxide comprising a molecular weight of from 5,000,000 to 7,800,000, from 15 weight percent to 30 weight percent of an osmotically effective solute, and from 5 weight percent to 15 weight percent of a hydroxypropylmethylcellulose comprising a molecular weight of 9,000 to 20,000 which second composition aid the dosage form in delivering the first composition from the compartment;
(5) at least one passageway in the wall for delivering the isradipine from the dosage form;
(B) letting fluid enter the dosage form for (a) contacting the first composition for providing a dispensable isradipine composition, and for (b) contacting the second composition for causing it to aid in delivering the first composition; thereby,
(C) delivering through the combined operations of the first and second composition a therapeutically effective amount of isradipine to the patient for treating the cardiovascular disease.
2. The method for treating the cardiovascular disease according to claim 1, wherein the cardiovascular disease is angina pectoris.
3. The method for treating the cardiovascular disease according to claim 1, wherein the cardiovascular disease comprises hypertension.
4. The method for treating the cardiovascular disease according to claim 1, wherein the cardiovascular disease comprises congestive heart failure.
5. The method for treating the cardiovascular disease according to claim 1, wherein the dosage form delivers a therapeutically effective amount of from 0.05 mg to 2.5 mg per hour of isradipine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.