DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,808,616
|Abstract:||The invention relates to 6-alkylidenandrosta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione derivatives, having the following general formula ##STR1## wherein each of R and R.sub.2, independently, is hydrogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl and R.sub.1 is hydrogen, halogen or C.sub.1 -C.sub.6 alkyl, which are useful in therapy, in particular in the treatment of hormone-dependent cancers.|
|Inventor(s):||Buzzetti; Franco (Monza, IT), Barbugian; Natale (Milan, IT), Lombardi; Paolo (Milan, IT), di Salle; Enrico (Milan, IT)|
|Assignee:||Farmitalia Carlo Erba S.r.l. (Milan, IT)|
2. A compound selected from the group consisting of:
3. A pharmaceutical composition containing a suitable carrier and/or diluent and, as an active principle, a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or 2, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. A pharmaceutically composition, suitable for the treatment of advanced hormone-dependent breast, pancreatic, endometrial and ovarian cancers, comprising, as an active principle, a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or 2, in association with a suitable carrier and/or diluent.
5. A pharmaceutical composition, suitable for the treatment of prostatic hypertrophy and prostatic hyperplasia, comprising, as an active principle, a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or 2, in association with a suitable carrier and/or diluent.
6. A method for the treatment of advanced hormone-dependent breast, pancreatic, endometrial or ovarian cancer comprising administering patients in need of such treatment an effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or 2.
7. A method for the treatment of prostatic hypertrophy or prostatic hyperplasia comprising administering to patients in need of such treatment an effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or 2.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.