Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Difluoro antivirals and intermediate therefor|
|Abstract:||A 2,2-difluoro-2-desoxycarbohydrate is used to prepare antiviral nucleosides.|
|Inventor(s):||Hertel; Larry W. (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A nucleoside of the formula ##STR11## wherein R is a base selected from the group consisting of ##STR12## wherein R.sup.1 is hydrogen, methyl, bromo, fluoro, chloro oriodo;
R.sup.2 is hydroxy;
R.sup.3 is hydrogen, bromo, chloro or iodo.
2. A nucleoside of claim 1 wherein the carbohydrate moiety is in the ribose form.
3. A nucleoside of claim 2 wherein the base is of the formula ##STR13##
4. A nucleoside of claim 1 wherein the base is of the formula ##STR14##
5. A nucleoside of claim 4 wherein R.sup.1 is methyl.
6. A nucleoside of claim 3 wherein R.sup.1 is methyl.
7. A nucleoside of claim 1 wherein the base is of the formula ##STR15##
8. A nucleoside of claim 2 wherein the base is of the formula ##STR16##
9. A nucleoside of claim 7 wherein R.sup.1 is iodo.
10. A nucleoside of claim 8 wherein R.sup.1 is iodo.
11. A nucleoside of claim 7 wherein R.sup.1 is hydrogen.
12. A nucleoside of claim 8 wherein R.sup.1 is hydrogen.
13. A method of treating Herpes viral infections in mammals comprising administering to a mammal in need of such treatment an anti-Herpes viral effective amount of a compound of claim 1.
14. A pharmaceutical composition useful for treating Herpes viral infections comprising an anti-Herpes viral effective amount of a compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically-acceptable carrier, diluent or excipient therefor.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.