DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,808,610
|Title:||Mometasone furoate anti-inflammatory cream composition using hexylene glycol|
|Abstract:||Disclosed is an elegant, stable, self-preserving cream formulation containing mometasone furoate, 9.alpha., 21-dichloro-16.alpha.-methyl-1,4-pregnadiene-11.beta.,17.alpha.-diol-3,20- dione-17-(2'-furoate), useful as a topical anti-inflammatory product.|
|Inventor(s):||Munayyer; Farah J. (West Caldwell, NJ), Sequeira; Joel A. (New York, NY)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
1. A topical pharmaceutical composition for the treatment of inflammation comprising:
(a) 0.01 to 0.25 percent Mometasone Furoate
(b) 5 to 20 percent hexylene glycol
(c) 1.0 to 5 percent water
(d) 2.0 to 10.0 percent white wax
(e) 4 to 12 percent of a lipophilic emulsifier having a HLB below 5
(f) 0.7 to 4 percent of a hydrophilic emulsifier having a HLB above 11
(g) 0.2 to 2.0 percent Titanium dioxide
(h) 5 to 20 percent aluminum starch octenylsuccinate
(i) 40 to 70 percent white petrolatum
(j) sufficient acid to adjust the pH of the water to pH 2.5 to .+-.0.2.
2. The topical pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein:
(a) 0.05 to 0.15 percent Mometasone Furoate
(b) 9 to 15 percent hexylene glycol
(c) 2 to 4 percent water Purified
(d) 4 to 6 percent white wax
(e) 6 to 10 percent of a lipophilic emulsifier having a HLB below 5
(f) 1.2 to 2.5 percent of a hydrophilic emulsifier having a HLB above 11
(g) 0.75 to 1.25 percent titanium dioxide
(h) 8 to 12 percent aluminum starch octenylsuccinate
(i) 50 to 60 percent white petrolatum
(j) sufficient acid to adjust the pH of the water to pH 2.5.+-.0.2.
3. The topical pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein the acid utilized to adjust the pH of the water of phosphoric acid, hydrochloric acid or acetic acid.
4. The topical pharmaceutical composition of claim 3 wherein the lipophilic emulsifier is propylene glycol stearate, ethylene glycol monolaurate, ethylene glycol monostearate, propylene glycol monolaurate or glyceryl monoricinolate.
5. The topical pharmaceutical composition of claim 4 wherein the hydrophilic emulsifier is stearyl alcohol and ceteareth-20, polyethylene glycol monolaurate, polyethylene glycol distearate, P.O.E. cetyl alcohol, P.O.E. sorbitan monostearate or P.O.E. sorbitan monooleate.
6. The topical pharmaceutical composition for the treatment of inflammation comprising:
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.