Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Solutions of lactic acid salts of piperazinylquinolone- and piperazinyl-azaquinolone-carboxylic acids|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to solutions of piperazinylquinolone- and piperazinyl-azaquinolone-carboxylic acids, and in particular both ready-to-use injection and/or infusion solutions and dosage forms which can be converted into such injection and/or infusion solutions before use. The solutions according to the invention are characterized in that, besides the lactic acid salts of the active substance and, if appropriate, customary auxiliaries, they additionally contain at least one acid which does not lead to precipitates, in particular lactic acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Grohe; Klaus (Odenthal, DE), Lammens; Robert (Leverkusen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Bayer Aktiengesellschaft (Leverkusen, DE)|
1. An aqueous storage stable solution which can be converted into an injection or diffusion solution consisting essentially of (a) a lactic acid salt of a
piperazinylquinolone- or piperazinyl-azaquinolone-carboxylic acid of the formula ##STR2## in which X denotes N, C--H or C--F,
R.sub.1 denotes hydrogen, methyl, ethyl or .beta.-hydroxyethyl,
R.sub.2 denotes cyclopropyl or ethyl and
R.sub.3 denotes hydrogen, methyl or ethyl, and (b) and excess acid selected from the group consisting of methanesulphonic acid, propionic acid, succinic acid and hydrochloric acid, the excess acid being present in an amount which does not lead to precipitates and constituting about 0.01 to 90% based on the solution.
2. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-cyclopropyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl)-quinoline-3-car boxylic acid.
3. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-ethyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl)-quinoline-3-carboxyli c acid.
4. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-ethyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl)-1,8-naphthyridine-3-c arboxylic acid.
5. A solution according to claim 1 in which the content of excess acid is 0.01 to 25%.
6. A solution according to claim 1, in which the content of excess acid is 0.025 to 1.4%.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.