Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Medicine based on fenofibrate, and a method of preparing it|
|Abstract:||A granular medicine based on fenofibrate, each granule comprising an inert core, a layer based on fenofibrate, and a protective layer, the medicine being characterized in that the fenofibrate in the layer based on fenofibrate is present in the form of crystalline microparticles of dimensions not greater than 30 microns, and preferably less than 10 microns.|
|Inventor(s):||Boyer; Jean-Francois (78550 Houdan, FR)|
1. Medicine in the form of granules with controlled release of fenofibrate, each granule comprising an inert core, a layer based on fenofibrate and a protective layer, wherein the
improvement comprises the layer based on fenofibrate containing the fenofibrate in the form of crystalline microparticles of dimensions not greater than 30 microns, said microparticles being included in the pores of an inert matrix soluble in water.
2. A medicine according to claim 1, wherein the inert matrix is composed by a binder selected from the group comprising: methacrylic polymers, polyvinylpyrolidone, mixtures thereof; cellulose derivatives; and polyethylene glycols.
3. A medicine according to claim 1, wherein the inert core has a diameter of about 0.3 mm to about 0.6 mm and is constituted by a substance selected from the group comprising: glucose, sucrose, lactose, and their equivalents, and starch, and mixtures thereof.
4. A medicine according to claim 1, wherein the protective layer represents about 1% by weight of each granule, and is formed of a substance selected from the group comprising: methacrylic polymers, polyvinylpyrolidone, mixtures thereof; cellulose derivatives; and polyethylene glycols.
5. A medicine according to claim 1, wherein the quantity of binder is such that the quantity of fenofibrate liberated in one hour in an aqueous liquid is not less than 65%.
6. Medicine according to claim 1 wherein the dimensions of said microparticles are less than 10 microns.
7. Medicine according to claim 3 wherein the starch is maize starch.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.