Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Complexes of technetium-99m with propylene amine oximes|
|Abstract:||A family of propylene amine oxime ligands has the formula 2 ##STR1## wherein preferably R.sup.1 is Cl-C4 alkyl or phenyl and each of R, R.sup.2, R.sup.3 and R.sup.4 is H or Cl-C4 alkyl. The technetium-99m complexes of these ligands are lipophilic neutral complexes useful as diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals and particularly for brain scanning. The ligands show stereoisomerism. The preparation and properties of the dl- and meso-stereoisomers, and of the d- and l-enantiomers, are described. The l-enantiomer and the dl-stereoisomer of the preferred compound (2, R=R.sup.1 =R.sup.2 =CH.sub.3, R.sup.3 =R.sup.4 =H) show good retention in the brain.|
|Inventor(s):||Canning; Lewis R. (Herts, GB2), Nowotnik; David P. (Bucks, GB2), Neirinckx; Rudi D. (Bucks, GB2), Piper; Ian M. (Herts, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Amersham International plc (Bucks, GB2)|
1. A lipophilic macrocyclic complex, useful as a diagnostic radiopharmaceutical, of technetium-99m with a propylene amine oxime ligand having the formula: ##STR9## said complex being in
the form of a single stereoisomer or a mixture of stereoisomers.
2. The complex according to claim 1 wherein the ligand is the dl-diastereoisomer.
3. The complex according to claim 1 wherein the ligand is the l-enantiomer.
4. The complex according to claim 1 wherein the ligand is the d-enantiomer.
5. A propylene amine oxime ligand having the formula: ##STR10## said ligand being in the form of a single stereoisomer or a mixture of stereoisomers.
6. The ligand according to claim 5 which is the dl-diastereoisomer.
7. The ligand according to claim 5 which is the l-enantiomer.
8. The ligand as claimed in claim 5 which is the d-enantiomer.
9. The complex according to claim 1, having the formula: ##STR11##
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.