Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A dosage package of a thermoplastic material with a relatively flat container (1), which has a permanently shaped edge wall portion (5) extending all around, as well as two opposite side wall portions (8,9), which are compressable to discharge a well defined dosage via a discharge tube (), which is connected to the edge wall portion (5).|
|Inventor(s):||Widerstrom; Carin A. M. (Hollviksnas, SE)|
|Assignee:||Aktiebolaget Draco (Lund, SE)|
1. A dosage package for storing and discharging a liquid, semi-liquid or pasty product, comprising a squeezing thermoplastic container portion and a discharge portion, said container
portion and discharge portion being parts of a unitary member, said container portion having a closed all around extending circular cylindrical shaped substantially rigid edge wall portion to which said discharge portion is joined, two opposite side wall
portions, at least one of which includes an outwardly durved portion which is compressible to an inwardly similarly curved position so as to measure and discharge a specific dosage when the outwardly curved portion is compressed to the inwardly curved
position, and an annular bulged portion forming a juncture between the edge wall portion and the outwardly curved portion so as to form and to limit the outwardly curved portion and also limit the inwardly curved position of the outwardly curved portion,
said edge wall portion and said side wall portions having a substantially equal thickness, said thickness being sufficient so that substantially no fluid is diffusable through said wall portions, and so that the side wall portions are imcompressible
without said annular bulged portion and said discharge portion being configured so as to prevent discharge of the product stored in the container in the absence of compression of said outwardly curved portion to the inwardly curved position.
2. A dosage package according to claim 1, characterized in that the container is substantially symmetrical relative to a central plane between the opposite side wall portions.
3. A dosage package according to claim 1, characterized in that said discharge portion is provided with a break off sealing part having a holding tab parallel to said central plane.
4. A dosage package according to claim 1, characterized in that said curved portion has the shape of a cap.
5. A dosage package according to claim 1, wherein said edge wall portion is substantially cylindrical.
6. A dosage package according to claim 1, wherein said container is made of a material of the group consisting of polyethylene, polypropylene and polyester, and has a wall thickness in the range of 0.3-1.5 mm.
7. A dosage package according to claim 6, wherein said container is made of one of the group consisting of polyethylene, polypropylene and polyester, said container having a wall thickness in the range of 0.6-1.0 mm.
8. A dosage package according to claim 7, wherein said container is made of one of the group consisting of polyethylene, polypropylene, and polyester, said container having a wall thickness of 0.8 mm.
9. Method of making dosing possible from a container having such a great wall thickness that said container normally cannot be compressed characterized in that the walls of the container are formed in such a way that the said container is relatively flat with a closed all around extending circular cylindrical shaped substantially rigid edge wall portion, in that the said edge wall portion via an annular bulged portion continues into an annular portion to which an outwardly curved side wall portion is joined, said annular portion forming and limiting the outwardly curved side wall portion and also limiting the side wall portion to an inwardly similarly curved position when the outwardly curved portion is compressed to discharge a defined dose from the container and in that a discharge portion of the container is configured so as to prevent discharge of the product from the container in the absence of compression of said side wall portion to said inwardly curved position.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.