Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Pack for administering medicaments to patients|
|Abstract:||A pack is provided comprising a circular carrier disc provided with a plurality of containers arranged in a circle and each containing a dose of medicament in particulate form. The containers are puncturable to permit the medicament therein to be released.|
|Inventor(s):||Newell; Robert E. (Pinner, GB2), Fitzsimmons; Robert A. (Barnard Castle, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Glaxo Group Limited (London, GB2)|
1. A pack comprising a circular carrier disc which has a plurality of pre-filled, hermetically sealed containers formed integrally therewith and arranged in a circle, each container
being of generally conical form and containing a dose of medicament in the form of an inhalable powder, each container comprising at least opposed puncturable surfaces for forming a hole through said container to allow air to flow through the container
to entrain the powder contained therein.
2. A pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the ratio of diameter to depth of each container is less than 4.5:1.
3. A pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the ratio of diameter to depth of each container is not less than 2.4:1.
4. A pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the carrier disc is of foil laminate material.
5. A pack as claimed in claim 4, comprising a base laminate and, secured thereto, a lid laminate in which depressions are formed to define the containers with the base laminate.
6. A pack as claimed in claim 5, in which the base laminate and lid laminate are secured to one another by a seal such that breaking and re-sealing thereof is tamper evident.
7. A pack as claimed in claim 5, wherein each of the base and lid laminate includes a layer of aluminum.
8. A pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the medicament comprises an active ingredient selected from salbutamol and beclomethasone dipropionate.
9. A pack as claimed in claim 1, wherein the medicament comprises sodium cromoglycate.
10. A pack as claimed in claim 1, in which the particle size of the medicament is substantially in the range 0.5-10 microns.
11. A pack as claimed in claim 1, in which the.medicament comprises a pharmacologically active substance admixed with a solid pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
12. A pack as claimed in claim 1, in which each container has a volume such that the powder therein occupies not more than 40% thereof.
13. A pack as claimed in claim 12, in which the powder occupies approximately 25% thereof.
14. A pack as claimed in claim 1, in which each container contains at least 20 mg of powder.
15. A pack as claimed in claim 1, in which each container has a depth such that the depth of powder therein is not more than approximately half the depth of the container when the container is oriented so that the conical form thereof tapers downwardly.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.