Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Therapeutical application of phosphonylmethoxyalkyl adenines|
|Abstract:||The (S) and (RS) forms of certain phosphonylmethoxyalkyl adenines and their salts have an antiviral effect against several DNA viruses and can be used for the treatment of virus diseases in human and veterinary medicine.|
|Inventor(s):||De Clercq; Erik (Louvain, BE), Holy; Antonin (Trebesovska, CS), Rosenberg; Ivan (Obrancu min, CS)|
|Assignee:||Stichting Rega VZW (Louvain, BE) Ceskoslovenska Akademie VED (Prague, CS)|
1. A method for treating virus diseases, which comprises administering to a patient in need of said treatment an effective antiviral amount of a phosphonylmethoxyalkyladenine of
the formula (I) ##STR3## wherein R.sup.1 is methylene, --CH(OH)--CH.sub.2 -- or ##STR4## and R.sup.2 is a hydroxyl group, and, wherein, when R.sup.1 is different from methylene, R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 may be linked with each other to form a cyclic ester
group, said adenine derivative being in (RS) or (S) form when R.sup.1 is different from methylene and further being in the form of a free acid or a salt thereof wherein the salts are selected from the group consisting of alkali metal, ammonia, and amine
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is (S)-9-(3-hydroxy-2-phosphonylmethoxypropyl)adenine.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by a herpes virus.
4. A method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by pox virus.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by a retrovirus.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by reovirus.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by parainfluenza virus.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by sindbis virus.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by polio virus.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by vesicular stomatitis virus.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by vaccinia.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein said virus disease is caused by moloney sarcoma virus.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.