DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,705,789
|Title:||Solutions of lactic acid salts of piperazinylquinolone- and piperazinyl-azaquinolone-carboxylic acids|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to solutions of piperazinyl-quinolone- and piperazinyl-azaquinolone-carboxylic acids, and in particular both ready-to-use injection and/or infusion solutions and dosage forms which can be converted into such injection and/or infusion solutions before use. The solutions according to the invention are characterized in that, besides the lactic acid salts of the active substance and, if appropriate, customary auxiliaries, they additionally contain at least one acid which does not lead to precipitates, in particular lactic acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Grohe; Klaus (Odenthal, DE), Lammens; Robert (Leverkusen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Bayer Aktiengesellschaft (Leverkusen, DE)|
1. An aqueous storage stable solution which can be converted into injection or diffusion solution, comprising a solution of (a) a lactic acid salt of at least one of a
piperazinylquinolone- and a piperazinyl containing azaquinoline-carboxylic acid of the formula I and II ##STR2## in which X denotes N, C--H or C--F,
Z denotes CH.sub.2,
R.sub.1 denotes hydrogen, methyl, ethyl or .beta.-hydroxyethyl,
R.sub.2 denotes cyclopropyl or ethyl and
R.sub.3 denotes hydrogen, methyl or ethyl,
and (b) excess lactic acid, the excess lactic acid being present in from 0.01 to 90% of the amount based on the solution.
2. A solution according to claim 1 additionally containing a non-toxic pharmaceutical carrier.
3. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-cyclopropyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl)-quinoline-3-car boxylic acid as the lactic acid salt.
4. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-ethyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl)-quinoline-3-carboxyli c acid.
5. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-ethyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl-1,8-naphthyridine-3-ca rboxylic acid.
6. A solution according to claim 1, which the content of excess lactic acid is 0.01 to 2.5%.
7. A solution according to claim 1, in which the content of excess lactic acid is 0.01 to 1.4%.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.