Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
|Title:||Solutions of lactic acid salts of piperazinylquinolone- and piperazinyl-azaquinolone-carboxylic acids|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to solutions of piperazinyl-quinolone- and piperazinyl-azaquinolone-carboxylic acids, and in particular both ready-to-use injection and/or infusion solutions and dosage forms which can be converted into such injection and/or infusion solutions before use. The solutions according to the invention are characterized in that, besides the lactic acid salts of the active substance and, if appropriate, customary auxiliaries, they additionally contain at least one acid which does not lead to precipitates, in particular lactic acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Grohe; Klaus (Odenthal, DE), Lammens; Robert (Leverkusen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Bayer Aktiengesellschaft (Leverkusen, DE)|
1. An aqueous storage stable solution which can be converted into injection or diffusion solution, comprising a solution of (a) a lactic acid salt of at least one of a
piperazinylquinolone- and a piperazinyl containing azaquinoline-carboxylic acid of the formula I and II ##STR2## in which X denotes N, C--H or C--F,
Z denotes CH.sub.2,
R.sub.1 denotes hydrogen, methyl, ethyl or .beta.-hydroxyethyl,
R.sub.2 denotes cyclopropyl or ethyl and
R.sub.3 denotes hydrogen, methyl or ethyl,
and (b) excess lactic acid, the excess lactic acid being present in from 0.01 to 90% of the amount based on the solution.
2. A solution according to claim 1 additionally containing a non-toxic pharmaceutical carrier.
3. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-cyclopropyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl)-quinoline-3-car boxylic acid as the lactic acid salt.
4. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-ethyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl)-quinoline-3-carboxyli c acid.
5. A solution according to claim 1, which contains the lactate of 1-ethyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-(1-piperazinyl-1,8-naphthyridine-3-ca rboxylic acid.
6. A solution according to claim 1, which the content of excess lactic acid is 0.01 to 2.5%.
7. A solution according to claim 1, in which the content of excess lactic acid is 0.01 to 1.4%.