Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Human pancreatic GRF amidated fragments|
|Abstract:||Surprisingly active fragments of human pancreatic GRF have been synthesized which exhibit good biological activity. These synthetic peptides are extremely potent in stimulating the release of pituitary GH in humans and in nonhuman animals and have the general formula: H-Tyr-Ala-Asp-Ala-Ile-Phe-Thr-Asn-Ser-Tyr-Arg-Lys-Val-Leu-Gly-Gln-Leu-Ser- Ala-Arg-Lys-Leu-Leu-Gln-Asp-Ile-Met-Ser-Arg-Y wherein Y is NH.sub.2, Gln-NH.sub.2, Gln-Gln-NH.sub.2 or Gln-Gln-Gly-NH.sub.2. Two such fragments have been tested, namely the 29 and the 32 N-terminal residue sequences that are amidated at the C-terminus. These peptides, as well as nontoxic salts thereof, may be administered therapeutically to animals, including humans.|
|Inventor(s):||Rivier; Jean E. F. (La Jolla, CA), Spiess; Joachim (Encinitas, CA), Vale, Jr.; Wylie W. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||The Salk Institute for Biological Studies (San Diego, CA)|
1. A synthetic peptide defined by the formula: H-Tyr-Ala-Asp-Ala-Ile-Phe-Thr-Asn-Ser-Tyr-Arg-Lys-Val-Leu-Gly-Gln-Leu-Ser- Ala-Arg-Lys-Leu-Leu-Gln-Asp-Ile-Met -Ser-Arg-Y
wherein Y is NH.sub.2, Gln-NH.sub.2, Gln-Gln-NH.sub.2 or Gln-Gln-Gly-NH.sub.2 or a nontoxic salt thereof.
2. A synthetic peptide having the formula of claim 1 wherein Y is NH.sub.2.
3. A synthetic peptide having the formula of claim 1 wherein Y is Gln-NH.sub.2.
4. A synthetic peptide having the formula of claim 1 wherein Y is Gln-Gln-NH.sub.2.
5. A synthetic peptide having the formula of claim 1 wherein Y is Gln-Gln-Gly-NH.sub.2.
6. A composition for stimulating the release of GH in an animal comprising an effective amount of a peptide according to claim 1, and an acceptable liquid or solid carrier therefor.
7. A method of stimulating the release of growth hormone in an animal, which comprises administering to said animal an effective amount of a synthetic peptide as defined in claim 1.
8. A method for accelerating the growth of nonhuman animals comprising administering an effective amount of a synthetic peptide as defined in claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.