Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||Use of trimetrexate as antiparasitic agent|
|Abstract:||A method of treating infections of Toxoplasmosis or P. carini comprising administering to the host an effective amount of trimetrexate, (2,4-diamino-5-methyl-6-[(3,4,5-trimethoxyanilino)methyl]quinazoline.|
|Inventor(s):||Allegra; Carmen (Vienna, VA), Drake; James C. (Ijamsville, MD), Chabner; Bruce A. (Potomac, MD), Masur; Henry (Bethesda, MD), Kovacs; Joseph A. (Bethesda, MD)|
|Assignee:||The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the (Washington, DC)|
1. A method for treating infections of Toxoplasmosis or P. carinii comprising administering to a mammelian host in need of said treatment an amount of trimetrexate effective
to treat said Toxoplasmosis or P. carinii.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the trimetrexate is administered orally.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the trimetrexate is administered in a dosage of about 30 mg/kg.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the trimetrexate is administered in combination with leucovorin.
5. A method of inhibiting dihydrofolate reductase production by T. gondii or P. carinii in a mammalian host comprising administering to said mammalian host an amount of trimetrexate effective to inhibit said dihydrofolate reductase production.