Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Use of trimetrexate as antiparasitic agent|
|Abstract:||A method of treating infections of Toxoplasmosis or P. carini comprising administering to the host an effective amount of trimetrexate, (2,4-diamino-5-methyl-6-[(3,4,5-trimethoxyanilino)methyl]quinazoline.|
|Inventor(s):||Allegra; Carmen (Vienna, VA), Drake; James C. (Ijamsville, MD), Chabner; Bruce A. (Potomac, MD), Masur; Henry (Bethesda, MD), Kovacs; Joseph A. (Bethesda, MD)|
|Assignee:||The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the (Washington, DC)|
1. A method for treating infections of Toxoplasmosis or P. carinii comprising administering to a mammelian host in need of said treatment an amount of trimetrexate effective
to treat said Toxoplasmosis or P. carinii.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the trimetrexate is administered orally.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the trimetrexate is administered in a dosage of about 30 mg/kg.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the trimetrexate is administered in combination with leucovorin.
5. A method of inhibiting dihydrofolate reductase production by T. gondii or P. carinii in a mammalian host comprising administering to said mammalian host an amount of trimetrexate effective to inhibit said dihydrofolate reductase production.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.