Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for combating virus infection|
|Abstract:||A method for the selective treatment of virus infections in animals and man and a method of treating cancer caused by viruses, comprising administering to a host so infected a therapeutically effective amount of phosphonoformic acid or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Eriksson; Bertil F. H. (Sodertalje, SE), Helgstrand; Ake J. E. (Enhorna, SE), Misiorny; Alfons (Bandhagen, SE), Stening; Goran B. (Sodertalje, SE), Stridh; Stig A. (Sodertalje, SE)|
|Assignee:||Astra Lakemedel Aktiebolag (Sodertalje, SE)|
1. A pharmaceutical preparation effective for treating virus infections in animals or man packaged in a dosage unit form suitable for use in topical administration to humans
comprising as an active ingredient about 0.05% to about 20% by weight of the preparation of the compound of the formula: ##STR4## or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof, together with a physiologically acceptable carrier said carrier being
substantially free of pharmaceutically unacceptable impurities and thus suitable for topical administration to humans.
2. A pharmaceutical preparation effective for treating virus infections in animals or man in dosage unit form comprising as an active ingredient about 0.05% to about 20% by weight of the preparation of the compound of the formula: ##STR5## or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof, together with a physiologically acceptable sterile carrier therefor, said sterile carrier being substantially free of pharmaceutically unacceptable impurities and thus being suitable for administration to humans.
3. A pharmaceutical preparation according to claim 2 wherein said compound is a tri-sodium salt of phosphonoformic acid.
4. A pharmaceutical preparation as described in claim 1 wherein the preparations is in the form selected from the group consisting of a solution, an ointment, a gel, a suspension and a cream.
5. A pharmaceutical preparation according to claim 4 wherein the preparation is a cream and also contains an absorption promoter.
6. A pharmaceutical preparation according to claims 1 or 4 wherein said compound is a tri-sodium salt of phosphonoformic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.