Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Method of treating Alzheimer's disease|
|Abstract:||Alzheimer's disease may be treated with galanthamine.|
|Inventor(s):||Davis; Bonnie (Huntington, NY)|
1. A method of treating Alzheimer's disease and related dementias which comprises administering to a patient suffering from such a disease a therapeutically effective amount of
galanthamine or a pharmaceutically-acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the administration is parenteral at a daily dosage of 5-1,000 mg of galanthamine or a pharmaceutically-acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
3. A method according to claim 2, wherein said dosage rate is 50-300 mg per day.
4. A method according to claim 1, wherein said administration is oral and is in the range 10-2000 mg per day.
5. A method according to claim 4, wherein said dosage rate of 100-600 mg per day.
6. A method according to claim 1, wherein galanthamine is administered at a dosage rate of 0.1 to 4 mg/kg body weight of a patient, parenterally.
7. A method according to claim 1, wherein galanthamine is administered intracerebroventricularly via an implanted reservoir at a dosage rate of 0.01 to 5.0 mg/kg day.