Generated: May 24, 2017
|Title:||Method of treating Alzheimer's disease|
|Abstract:||Alzheimer's disease may be treated with galanthamine.|
|Inventor(s):||Davis; Bonnie (Huntington, NY)|
1. A method of treating Alzheimer's disease and related dementias which comprises administering to a patient suffering from such a disease a therapeutically effective amount of
galanthamine or a pharmaceutically-acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the administration is parenteral at a daily dosage of 5-1,000 mg of galanthamine or a pharmaceutically-acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
3. A method according to claim 2, wherein said dosage rate is 50-300 mg per day.
4. A method according to claim 1, wherein said administration is oral and is in the range 10-2000 mg per day.
5. A method according to claim 4, wherein said dosage rate of 100-600 mg per day.
6. A method according to claim 1, wherein galanthamine is administered at a dosage rate of 0.1 to 4 mg/kg body weight of a patient, parenterally.
7. A method according to claim 1, wherein galanthamine is administered intracerebroventricularly via an implanted reservoir at a dosage rate of 0.01 to 5.0 mg/kg day.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.