DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,661,493
|Title:||Tioconazole and related compounds for control of Herpes simplex virus|
|Abstract:||Topical vaginal forms of tioconazole and related antimicrobic compounds, especially miconazole, econazole, clotrimazole, butaconazole and ketoconazole, are useful for the control (chemotherapeutic and chemoprophylactic) of Herpes virus infections.|
|Inventor(s):||Gibbs; David L. (New York, NY)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A method for the treatment of herpetic infections in a human infected thereby which comprises topically applying to the site of said infection an anti-herpetic amount of drug
selected from the group consisting of tioconazole, econazole, clotrimazole, ketoconazole, butaconazole or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein the drug is applied in the form of a cream or ointment comprising from about 1% to about 10% of said drug.
3. A method according to claim 2 wherein the drug is administered intravaginally.
4. The method according to claim 3 wherein the drug is tioconazole.
5. The method according to claim 3 wherein the drug is econazole.
6. The method according to claim 3 wherein the drug is clotrimazole.
7. The method according to claim 3 wherein the drug is butaconazole.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.