DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,636,505
|Abstract:||Acylanilides of the formula ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2, the same or different, each is cyano, carbamoyl, nitro, halogeno, perfluoroalkyl or other defined substituents; R.sup.3 is hydrogen or halogen; R.sup.4 is hydrogen or alkyl, or is joined to R.sup.5 ; R.sup.5 is hydrogen, hydroxy, alkoxy or acyloxy or is joined to R.sup.4 ; R.sup.6 is alkyl or halogenoalkyl, or has the formula --A.sup.3 --R.sup.8 or --A.sup.4 --X.sup.2 --A.sup.5 --R.sup.9 ; A.sup.1 and A.sup.4, the same or different, each is alkylene; A.sup.2, A.sup.3 and A.sup.5, the same or different, each is a direct link or alkylene; X.sup.1 and X.sup.2, the same or different, each is oxygen, sulphur, sulphinyl, sulphonyl, imino or alkylimino; R.sup.7 and R.sup.9, the same or different, each is alkyl, alkenyl, hydroxyalkyl, cycloalkyl, phenyl optionally substituted, naphthyl or heterocyclic optionally substituted; and R.sup.8 is phenyl, naphthyl or heterocyclic as defined above for R.sup.7 or R.sup.9 ; processes for their manufacture and pharmaceutical compositions containing them. The acylanilides possess antiandrogenic activity.|
|Inventor(s):||Tucker; Howard (Macclesfield, GB)|
|Assignee:||Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (London, GB2)|
1. An acylanilide of the formula: ##STR17## wherein R.sup.1 is cyano, nitro, fluoro, chloro, bromo or iodo, or alkyl, alkoxy, alkanoyl, alkylthio, alkylsulphinyl, alkylsulphonyl
or perfluoroalkyl each of up to 4 carbon atoms;
wherein R.sup.2 is cyano, nitro, fluoro, chloro, bromo or iodo, or alkanoyl, alkylthio, alkylsulphinyl, alkysulphonyl or perfluoroalkyl, each of up to 4 carbon atoms;
wherein R.sup.3 is hydrogen or halogen;
wherein R.sup.4 is hydrogen or alkyl or up to 4 carbon atoms;
wherein R.sup.5 is hydroxy or alkoxy or acyloxy each of up to 15 carbon atoms;
wherein R.sup.6 is alkyl or halogenoalkyl of up to 4 carbon atoms;
wherein A.sup.1 is alkylene of up to 6 carbon atoms;
wherein A.sup.2 is a direct link or alkylene of up to 6 carbon atoms;
wherein X.sup.1 is sulphur, sulphinyl or sulphonyl (--SO.sub.2 --);
wherein R.sup.7 is alkyl, alkenyl, hydroxyalkyl or cycloalkyl each of up to 6 carbon atoms, or R.sup.7 is phenyl which bears one or two substituents selected from hydrogen, halogen, nitro, and cyano, and alkyl, alkoxy, alkanoyl, alkylthio, alkylsulphinyl, alkylsulphonyl and perfluoroalkyl; or R.sup.7 is naphthyl; or R.sup.7 is 5- or 6-membered saturated or unsaturated heterocyclic which contains one, two or three heteroatoms selected from oxygen, nitrogen and sulphur, which heterocyclic may be a single ring or may be fused to a benzo-ring, and which heterocyclic is unsubstituted or bears one or two halogen or alkyl of up to 4 carbon atoms substituents.
2. An acylanilide as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is cyano, nitro, trifluoromethyl, chloro, methyl or methoxy, R.sup.2 is cyano, nitro, trifluoromethyl or chloro, R.sup.3 and R.sup.4 are both hydrogen, R.sup.5 is hydroxy, R.sup.6 is methyl or trifluoromethyl, A.sup.1 is methylene, ethylene or ethylidene, X.sup.1 is sulphur, sulphinyl or sulphonyl, A.sup.2 is a direct link or methylene and R.sup.7 is alkyl, alkenyl, hydroxyalkyl or cycloalkyl each of up to 6 carbon atoms, or phenyl which is unsubstituted or which bears one fluoro, chloro, cyano, nitro, methoxy or methylthio substitutent, or thienyl, imidazolyl, thiazolyl, benzothiazolyl, thiadiazolyl, pyridyl or pyrimidinyl which is unsubstituted or which bears one chloro, bromo or methyl substitutent.
3. An acylanilide as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.1 is trifluoromethyl, R.sup.2 is cyano or nitro, R.sup.3 and R.sup.4 are both hydrogen, R.sup.5 is hydroxy, R.sup.6 is methyl, A.sup.1 is methylene, X.sup.1 is sulphur, sulphinyl or sulphonyl, A.sup.2 is a direct link and R.sup.7 is alkyl of up to 3 carbon atoms, or is allyl, phenyl, p-fluorophenyl, thiazol-2-yl, 4-methylthiazol-2-yl, 5-methyl-1,3,4-thiadiazol-2-yl or 2-pyridyl.
4. A compound selected from the group consisting of
4-cyano-3-trifluoromethyl-N-(2-hydroxy-2-methyl-3-methylthiopropionyl)anili ne; and
5. The compound 4-cyano-3-trifluoromethyl-N-(3-p-fluorophenylsulphonyl-2-hydroxy-2-methylp ropionyl)aniline.
6. A pharmaceutical or veterinary composition which comprises an acylanilide, claimed in claim 1, in association with a pharmaceutically-acceptable diluent or carrier.
7. A composition as claimed in claim 6 which is in a form suitable for oral dosage, as a tablet, capsule, aqueous or oily solution or suspension or emulsion; or in the form of a sterile solution or suspension suitable for parenteral administration; or in the form of an ointment or lotion for topical administration, or in the form of a suppository for anal or vaginal administration.
8. A composition as claimed in claim 6 which additionally contains one or more drugs selected from anti-oestrogens, aromatase inhibitors, progestins, inhibitors of gonadotrophin secretion, LH-RH-analogues, cytotoxic agents, antibiotics and anti-inflammatory agents.
9. A method for producing an antiandrogenic effect in a warm-blooded animal in need of such treatment which comprises administering to said animal an effective amount of acylanilide claimed in claim 1.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.